looking to purchase the "cluster cover" for black interior

Guest bubbles10

Guest My TC Toy

You will probably be better off trying to pull the leather back in place, unless it is totaled. Recently someone on this thread did just that by heating the leather and pulling slowly back into place. Then he spray glued it in place. He had some great success. The only other possibility would be to have a local leather shop stitch you up one to match. All our cars have the same problem with the leather shrinking over the cluster.

Hey everyone,

Is anyone selling a black cluster cover?

Thanks

If you can't find a cover check my posting ( Face lift for the wrinkled dash ) it doesn't show cluster cover repair, but it will walk you through leather steam and stretch. If you don't have the cover frame you have no choice but to find one, if your leather is torn or rotted, there is no sewing involved with this piece and a new piece of black leather big enough to recover the cluster frame shouldn't cost more than $20 at an upholstery supplier, or you could ask a local shoe repair shop to get you one. Starting from scratch with new leather there will be a lot of wrapping and tucking, use the thinnest piece of leather you can get. For the first time with this type of work I suggest a brush on contact adhesive, do the biggest section first. If you can't find a replacement, send me a picture of what you are trying to fix I can be a bit more helpful.

Guest bubbles10

Thank you everyone... yeah the leather is rotted out and the cluster frame is in pretty bad shape I will try to post a pic soon