Win a freshly rebuilt Model A engine with insert bearings

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

The Lone Star Model A Ford Club of Georgetown, Texas is hosting the 50th Model A Ford Texas Tour (statewide convention) June 6 - 9 and is having a raffle to win a freshly rebuilt Model A engine built by Taylor Made Motors of New Braunfels, TX. The engine is valued at $5,000 and raffle tickets are just $5 each or 5 for $20!

Engine specs include:

Block cleaned and checked for cracks

One piece main bearings

One piece rod bearings

New tri-metal connecting rods

Counter balanced crankshaft

Pressurized center main

New aluminum timing gear

New crank gear

Rebuilt oil pump

Reground touring camshaft

Modern stainless steel valves (1.73 intake / 1.53 exhaust)

New exhaust manifold gaskets

New intake manifold gasket

One piece valve guide

Modern valve keepers

New valve springs

Motor balanced

Block tapped for modern main bolts

Porting on the valve ports

New oil pan bolts

New valve cover bolts

New front pulley

New head gasket

Grade eight head studs and nuts

Cut down (lightened) flywheel

New clutch disc

New pressure plate

New pilot bearing

Modern front seal

Motor completely assembled

Engine painted Ford engine green

Oil pan cleaned and painted black

Snyder 5.5:1 High Compression Head

Heater/exhaust manifold

Intake manifold painted to match engine

Test run to verify performance

Total value as built: $5,000

Carburetor, distributor, starter and water pump not included

The drawing will occur June 8, 2013 during the 50th Anniversary Texas Tour Awards Banquet held at the Marriott Hotel, Round Rock, TX.

Winner need not be present to win but must claim prize on or before July 1, 2013.

Raffle tickets available for $5 each or 5 for $20

Make checks payable to "50th Model A Ford Texas Tour" and mail to:

Lone Star Model A Ford Club

3404 Indian Mound Road

Georgetown, TX 78628

Be sure to include your email address so we can confirm receipt of your entry and your telephone number so we can notify you if you win!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Edited by Texas Old Car Guy (see edit history)

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Ticket purchases are coming in - we've had guys from as far away as Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Connecticut, Tennessee, Kentucky, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Mississippi, Wisconsin, California, South Carolina, Michigan, Canada and believe it or not, New Zealand send in their money for raffle tickets already! One of you could win this $5,000 engine for a $5 ticket or 5 tickets for $20! Even if you don't want to pick it up in person, it would be worth paying to have it shipped if you're the lucky winner!

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

As of right now, we've gotten entries from 22 different states and three foreign countries. We've had entries from Texas, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Connecticut, Tennessee, Kentucky, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Mississippi, Wisconsin, California, South Carolina, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Alaska, Massachusetts, Florida, Canada, Mexico and believe it or not, New Zealand!

Hey, someone's gotta win it and it might as well be you - you can't win unless you enter! wink.gif

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Texas Old Car Guy

ATTENTION: We have had an offer by TrulyVintage Transport to provide free delivery (subject to route and availability). Please see the following notice:

Regarding Shipping .... I am scheduled to drop off in Katy, Texas in a couple weeks. I just might be in the area around June 8th - it depends on connecting loads .... That said .... cool.gif

Subject to availability I will offer free shipping to the lucky winner depending on my schedule and route availability ....

Jim

Jim is on the road

Enclosed Ford Transport

Truly Vintage OnDaRoad

Bless you Jim - that's very generous of you! I must warn you, we have entries from Alaska, Canada and New Zealand so I assume there are limitations!eek.gif

Who knows, the winner might actually be at the convention and haul it home himself; otherwise, you might have some takers. I will call the winner the night of the drawing to notify him as well as post the winner's name and home town on this forum when the ticket is drawn. If it's someone from out of state, I'll bet someone might take you up on your offer.wink.gif

Okay all you Johnny Come Latelies and last minute procrastinators - you still have three weeks before the drawing and now you have an offer of possible free delivery from Jim . . . what more do you need? It's time to send in your entry!!!

What more could you ask for? The possibility of winning a $5,000 freshly rebuilt inserted Model A engine delivered to your door for $5.00 if you are the lucky winner! It would definitely be Christmas in June for some lucky guy!

Thanks,

Fred<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Update: We have had several questions submitted about buying multiple ticket lots, meaning if you can buy one ticket for $5 or five tickets for $20 - yes, $40 would buy 10 tickets, $60 buys 15 tickets, $80 buys 20 tickets, etc. The more you buy the better your odds.

Thanks,

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

As of right now, we've gotten entries from 25 different states and three foreign countries. We've had entries from Texas, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Connecticut, Tennessee, Kentucky, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Mississippi, Wisconsin, California, South Carolina, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Alaska, Massachusetts, Florida, Nevada, New York, Oklahoma, Canada, Mexico and believe it or not, New Zealand!

Hey, someone's gotta win it and it might as well be you. There's still time to stick a stamp on an envelope and slip $20 inside and make it to Texas before the drawing June 8. You can't win unless you enter!

:P

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Up to 27 states so far; add Indiana and Nevada to the list.

Thanks for all your participation guys! :D

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Now 28 states - add Kansas to the list plus Mexico, Canada and New Zealand.

Thanks everyone! :)

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Note to our Canadian friends and other out of country entries: Please do not send a personal check; if you wish to enter the raffle drawing please send a U.S. Dollar denoninated Money Order. We just discovered that our bank charges us $35 to handle a $20 Canadian check! eek.gif

Money Orders only if you live outside the U.S. Only 9 more days until the drawing; if you plan to enter, get your payment in the mail ASAP!

Thanks,

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

The drawing is one week from today - if you plan to enter, get it in the mail ASAP. Today we received our first entry from Poland! :cool: The Model A hobby truly is worldwide!

Thanks to everyone who has entered already! :D

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Now entries have been received from 29 different states - add Washington to the list plus Mexico, Canada, New Zealand and Poland! cool.gif

Thanks everyone!

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Gentlemen we have a WINNER! So you guys won't be waiting by the phone all night for the "lucky" call - I just arrived home from the awards banquet and our winner is JACK DEVENEY, of ST. PETERS, MISSOURI (a suburb of St. Louis, MO)! I called him when his ticket was drawn and had him on the speaker phone at the podium microphone in front of about 250 attendees and when he answered I said, "Is this Jack?" He said, "Yes" and I said "This is Fred from Texas - you just won an engine!" He replied "TREMENDOUS" and the audience heartily applauded his enthusiasm and his luck. I jokingly asked if he could pick it up tomorrow and then told him I'll put him in touch with Jim who offered free delivery and he'll get his new engine.

Thanks so much to all you guys who entered the engine raffle - it could have been any of you but Jack was the lucky winner!

Now you can go to bed. Maybe you'll win next time! smile.gif

Fred