Jump to content

TOP BOW IRON hold down CLAMPS Left and Right


Recommended Posts

Could these 2 clamps be 'aftermarket' for any type auto or truck or might they be associated with FORD due to the number markins...looks like '499 L' and '499 R' with (looks like) 'T-9' on lower part of each. Could those curved liners be hardened leather? Are these pre-1920s?

They are about 9 1/4 inches long and about 4 lbs 2 ozs the pair. Kinda stiff action needing lubrication.

thanx again.





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those "clamps"-"top holder" was used on 1910s to mid 1920s,they are not after marked they were used on almost every open cars those years.But i`m sure there are hundreds of differnt shapes on them.

But those in the picture very much looks like Buick 1923-1924 4 cyl.models touring cars.

Leif in Sweden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...