How much is that car?- Ain't tellin ya.

60FlatTop

Ever wonder why some cars get advertised with no price? I think one of the manufacturers of lesser cars started it.

Here's an origin:

And then they have a folded piece of note paper with the price to slide across the desk to you.

I always take two folded note pages to the dealership with me. One says "SOLD IT!"

Bernie

This is one of my pet peeves. I think that the sellers who withhold material information in their advertisment are hoping that they either have extraordinary selling skills that can talk you into looking past their cars faults, or you would so overwhelmed by the car's beauty that you would forget or overlook that they want too much or the car has a gazillion miles. It almost never works. Publishing too little information just wastes both the seller's and potential buyer's time in unneeded phone calls or emails. The first question asked is how much, the second is usually how many miles? When I am selling a car, my ad always lists as much information as I can (within reason) including these 2 facts. I get fewer calls but they are almost always people who are really interested in my car and they know what my price expectation is upfront.

Over the years I have sold a LOT of cars (my personal cars) and every one I sold was to the first person who came out and looked at it. My cars are always priced realistically (I do research) and my cars are clean and presentable with little to no problems. If there is a problem, I am upfront and disclose it in my ad. In sales this is called "Qualifying Leads". It is a much more efficient use of everyone's time and results in a happy transaction for both parties.

It is not a coincidence. I didn't want to see the car thrown away so I made a general comment. There may still be a car with an unknown price listed on the forum.

I also didn't comment on how those T-Bird bodies were shipped by rail standing on end and how much lead was slobbered into them. Or how much cutting, spreading, triangular welded wedges, and work it would take to make the doors, cowl, and quarters to fit like a GM.

I'm just kinda nice that way sometimes. My Mother would have liked it.

Bernie