Our continued...slow...progress!

Looking great! Who did the chrome work?

Just wondering - did your car have rubber grommets where the brake lines come through the frame? My DL had the hardened remains of grommets, but my holes in the frame look larger than yours.

Thanks!  Hoping to be able to run the engine some more in the next few days.  I have found no grommets anywhere except in the firewall...And the Vacuum tank is just a reflection of the flash, inside is just bare metal, waiting to rust again (hope not).

New radiator shell looks good.

The master parts book says you should have 4 of 410096, one of 200666, one of 530129, which are different to all the "standard parts" clamp numbers.

The DC has wire clamps. Should yours have wire clamps too?

Edit: corrected part no. info.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

The clamps say "Ideal" on them, and I think they are somewhat modern..May just start with new clamps for now, easy to switch out later...On a positive note, It was Christmas in Sault Sainte Marie today, with a box of chrome goodies showing up...Now to see If I can get the hood hold-downs back together without damage or lost parts!post-139751-0-01395200-1433888983_thumb.post-139751-0-34870700-1433889049_thumb.

Taylormade.....the chromer is Atlantic Coast Chroming (I think that's the name).  They've done a really nice job so far.  Actually, I can't believe how good some of the pieces have come back considering what they looked like when we sent them!!  With adding all the chrome pieces, the car is starting to look pretty classy now.  She's getting some bling on! 

Shannon

Tonight I tried the lead & Yamabond on one of the leaking holes, and it worked good.  We were able to run the engine, this time with a cooling system, for probably 15 minutes straight at least.  Ran good, but a little lean still, even with the adjuster bottomed out.  Going to have to adjust the setting of the shaft it looks like.  Clutch works, trans works, brakes work...(That's without leaving the garage, though-)  Also had water leaks at first, but most seemed to seal up as the engine warmed up-- I guess I'll see tomorrow morning if the floor is all wet...Just water in it for now.  Anybody going to the car show in Detroit this weekend?

Dennis, didn't you have someone lined up to do the interior? How's that going? I'll be at a car show in Hershey this weekend.

Shannon still plans to do it...We have a lot of the supplies already...she says I need to be done with the rest of the car before she begins..so I'm on a mad rush to get some stuff done so maybe she will dive in on the interior while I go fishing every night for the rest of the summer!!...That's my plan, anyways...

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!  It's already been almost a month since our last post...Well, here's a quick update-  The car runs, moves, steers, cools, shifts, charges, stops, and turns heads!  All with a couple of test drives across the street to the church parking lot.  I also confirmed that I will need much further refinement of my double clutching technique..Still lots of fine tuning to do, and still even a couple of leaks to fix, but a good feeling to be able to go into the garage and fire it up anytime.  Rear fenders are at the body shop, fronts are going to be a while yet.  John Louis built himself and I each a dandy battery box...Here is an outdoor picture of how it looks now-

post-139751-0-57582800-1436230309_thumb.