Replica Auburn speedster?

keiser31

Check out someone's idea of an Auburn boattail speedster........Replica/Kit Makes : AUBURN 2 DOOR in Replica/Kit Makes | eBay Motors

1933-34 Chrysler headlamps, 1946-48 Dodge hood ornament, 1946-48 Chrysler steering wheel, 1939 GM style taillights.....

post-37352-143141862318_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Neat Hot Rod. About 5% are Auburn bits. I will give him credit for a good ad with regard to the pictures. However the statement "not sure if it is an Auburn speedster prototype" is misleading at minimum and outrageous realistically.

I didn't see an Auburn part on the car AJ. At first I thought the gas tank was, but closer inspection said no. What am I missing.

Curt, if you say there are none you know better than me. I was looking at the radiator shell and the front 30% of the front fenders. Also, the cowl vents :).
Your are right AJ ! the grill shell, and screen , albeit shortened, and the fronts of the fenders. I look for details and miss the most obvious.

I think its a butcher of an early Auburn speedster body with a few later bits. A-C-D members may remember the somewhat similar and perhaps better executed "Frankenburn," an early speedster body on a Franklin chassis. It was at the A-C-D reunion a few years back.

Edited by Mike Dube (see edit history)