Sign in to follow this  
jeff_a

CLUB NEWS

The 4th Annual PEERLESS MOTOR CAR CLUB National Meet will be APRIL 1-3, 2016 near Tampa, Florida.

Please see the club website: www.peerlessmotorcarclub.com   for details.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

There's a new Peerless Motor Car Club member, Richard Voliva, from Grass Valley, California.

If he reads this he's welcome to tell us about his Peerless and where it came from. Quite a few Peerlesses in his state.

---- Jeff

another Peerless Guy

Well, here it is summer. I have been checking the Peerless site and there hasn't been much activity. Probably my fault----I have a new computer now and I am starting to load it with the Peerless owners and members. I will soon be able to print labels and get a news letter out. Jeff has done a good job keeping up with Peerless cars and owners. A lot of Peerless owners talk about having a Peerless meet but when we do hardly anyone shows up. And they are a lot of work and cost us money, so we are not real interested in doing another one.  Right now there is only $35 in our checking account but I have a roll of stamps and a lot of stationery so I should be able to get things rolling again.

I have my '16 & '17 Peerless out and they are running great. We were in the Memorial Day parade with the parade marshal in one and veterans in the other. Our local parade is getting quite large with over 100 units and large crowds watching.

I was hoping to take my Peerless on the Orphan Car Tour in August but they are traveling more miles per day and going faster than I want to go, a used car tour----not for antique cars.  So we will be doing day trips and picnics with our cars this year.

Hope you all have a PEERLESS summer.  RHL

Thanks for putting up a post Richard. I sent you a letter a couple weeks ago with an attempt at a member list. Matt with the '31 Custom Eight in NY asked me to try to come up with a semi-current list of Peerless members. I worked a couple of weeks on it but it's really just a revision of a 2013 list David Baird put together. What's interesting is that your member roster Joanne put on the club website, mine, and the number of people with access to the KPAIE list are of similar size. They are all 90-some people. Besides me and thee, I have no way of knowing who's a paid-up member right now. I did leave a space on the right on the list I just sent, if you want to go through it and check them off.

My list of 95 people and the letter were sent to you, Joanne, Matt, and Mark Desch.  After I sent it, I found addresses for 3 or the 4 people I said I didn't have addresses for(Mal, Jonathan, Frank) by using your list. Couldn't find an address for Tom Griffin...but he sold his 1913 48 HP Roadster to the late Bill Knight. Bill said so in a letter he sent me December 1st. I gather that Stephen Brauer is the owner of that 1912 60 HP raceabout which was at the Peerless meet in Cleveland...I don't know Stephen, so I just put down his companys address. Did you know he was a part owner of the St. Louis Cardinals until recently? I reached Pasi Pihlajamaki by Facebook and gave him some information about 1929 Model Six-81 Coupes. He said there are 6 Peerlesses in Finland....that's as many as there are in Missouri! Speaking of faraway Peerlesses, that 1915 Peerless Truck is in New Zealand now. The owner is Sir Peter Jackson, the movie producer who did the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There was an error in my letter about this green Peerless truck. The previous owner was Michael Banfield, not Richard Flynn, both of England. Mr. Banfield was the one who passed away, and the 1915 truck was one of dozens of vehicles selling at his estate auction in 2014. 

We started a radio station here in Monona and my wife and I are doing a one hour traditional jazz program every Sunday evenning from 6 to 7.  I have a large collection of old records and have set up a recording studio in my house and while going through some of my old stuff I came across a tape that we made of the Peerless Song and Peerless March.  This was written in 1916 about the Peerless car & truck and has words to it. I hired a group at the time to recorded it and played it at our Peerless 100 year meet in Cleveland and we all sang along with it.  I am now putting it on a CD and will make it available to anyone interested.  If you want to here our jazz program you can get it on your computer---they are streeming it.  

Go to google---type in tunein.com------98.7---WVMO--LP  Voice of Monona---------let me know if you get it.

RHL

I heard from both the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum in Cleveland and the Peerless Motor Car Club Co-Operator that the All Star Meet will be held again this year. The Cleveland All Stars Homecoming Show will be June 23rd-June 25th, 2017 and will showcase Cleveland and N.E. Ohio made vehicles.

Celebrating 150 years of the Western Reserve Historical Society..........and of course Winton, Peerless, White, Chandler, Jordan, Rollin, Royal Tourist, Baker, Owen-Magnetic, Stearns-Knight and other Ohio automakers.

Gentleman - Your work does not go without notice, especially from this newby. You both have responded to this new owner and is appreciated. I have found in the organization that I have belongs to that if you can get 10% to participate, you are doing great. Considering the number of active Peerless and how spread apart they are, you have your hands full to get enough involved. As my wife has inherited her Peerlesss and her uncle has planted this interest in me, I will be reaching out more and maybe can support your needs. I look forward to the application in the mail and further discussions. 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for joining the AACA forums here and using the Peerless Forum for the 1st time. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. And we even get Peerless owners and Peerless Motor Car Club members to comment on our marque from time to time:). I sent you a PM with some info about vacuum tanks just now.

MEMBERSHIP In Peerless Motor Car Club

$30 USA/$40 Foreign. Please Contact Newsletter Editor Mark Desch: markd@sas-mn.com