WTB 1985 Riv Left Manual Chrome Mirror

BUICK RACER

• 4 weeks later...
The U-Pick yard near me has two '85's in it. How do I know? I just went looking for the trunk relays for the rear tail light and found out the 1985 Riv did not use them. I would have to look, but I can tell you they are going to be driver quality...

lemke1044@aol.com

Thanks Dave, if you go back check them out, they may be interested if they are manual and could be painted to match the car.

Does anyone know if you can just replace the cables?

Thanks

Guest wildcat465
Does anyone know if you can just replace the cables?

The cables can be replaced, might want to remove the bezel for the adjustment knob and make sure all three of the cable ends are hooked to the knob.

They can fall off on occasion.

Guest wildcat465
Hi Paul have you messed with trying to repair these manual adjustment mirrors? Have you found that the cabels falling off seems to be the culprit.

Not so much on this generation Riv, all mine have power.

However, have fixed a couple of the GM's with manual remotes where one or two (never all three, hmmm.) of the cables pops off and then the glass just does not want to go in the direction you try to adjust it. That damn knob just seems to fight back.

I am willing to help you guys, but you need to understand is that I don't own a Riv and only do this because I don't want cars scrapped with needed parts. Now if I come back and ask a question, I don't want to hear "should work" or that one part is one year only but the rest is multiple years. Especially because I don't even know what your chime module looks like. So then when I pull what I think I hear will work, I get it comments stating it didn't work on my car.

So please do your due diligence and tell me exactly what you want, what years it will work and even if there is a cross reference to other makes/models. The yard I go to [Gibson's]is good at getting older cars and is slow with crushing them. Even slower if I tell them it is a vintage of car that I need parts off of.

Ask anybody that knows me, I am very fair on pricing and am willing to look w/o reimbursement for time and try to get the best parts I can. So please be a bit more helpful with what you need.

So having said that;

on the mirror an '84/85 chrome manual is OK?

And you want all the components that are in that picture from years '85 only or '79 - '85?

BTW one of the cars out there [don't remember the year] has a twilight head light switch. Anyone interested?