Brake booster not working

A few months ago I had a new brake booster, accumulator, etc. installed on my 1990 TC. I bought the parts from TC Parts so I have confidence in them. I tried to drive my car today and the brake booster does not spool up or whatever you call it when I turn the key on. As a result I have a hard pedal and almost no brakes. I tried pumping the brake pedal and that did not help. I tried using the brakes by moving forward and backward a few feet but that didn't work either. I checked the fuses on the passenger side in the engine compartment. They look OK. My ABS light is on but it was before the brake repair and is still on. I don't suspect that is part of the problem but thought I would mention is just in case it does. I really need some help on this. What ideas do you guys have?

A few months ago I had a new brake booster, accumulator, etc. installed on my 1990 TC. I bought the parts from TC Parts so I have confidence in them. I tried to drive my car today and the brake booster does not spool up or whatever you call it when I turn the key on. As a result I have a hard pedal and almost no brakes. I tried pumping the brake pedal and that did not help. I tried using the brakes by moving forward and backward a few feet but that didn't work either. I checked the fuses on the passenger side in the engine compartment. They look OK. My ABS light is on but it was before the brake repair and is still on. I don't suspect that is part of the problem but thought I would mention is just in case it does. I really need some help on this. What ideas do you guys have?

Check wires and pump connection, make sure you a good connection and juice to the pump when the key is on, look at connections first and remember even new parts break.

The relays are mounted on the right front fender just in front of the inner fender in side a black box there are 3 relay's all for the brakes there is also fuse's in there you will want to check,on the relays terminal 85 an 86 operate the relay 87 an30 are what would be the load so apply power to terminal 85 and ground 86 then with a continuity tester check between 87 and 30 you should have continuity you could also apply power to 87 and then put a test light on 30. the relay closest to the wheel is the one for the pump motor the middle one is the pressure and the third one is the master relay I hope this helps

Greg

Edited by GregTC (see edit history)

Thanks Greg, that does help. On mine, the front and back relays have the same part number. The center one is a different color (it is orange, not black like the others). Since my box is mounted in line with the car (not crossways), which one would be the one that you mention being closest to the wheel? Also, do you know what each of the fuses control? I have three fuse places and the center one does not have a fuse in it. Thanks for your help. I have spent a small fortune on the car and really want to keep it on the road.

It dont sound like you need new relays probraly just dirty connections you can get some contact cleaner and a small fairly stiff fiber brush at a hardwear store unplug the relays and clean the contacts you can get the relays at any auto parts store its a comen relay take them with you I have a couple that are the same relays but the have a monting tab on in whitch you dont need the tab glade you have the brakes working now glad I could help<o:p></o:p>

Greg