ME & MY === 1958 Buick, 1958 Buick, 1958 Buick and……..

dei

With an all day light flurries in the air we had another 1-2 inches again.

it was more than manageable with a shovel but decided I'd better bring the metal shelf unit inside and get it placed to clear things off the floor to bring the Limited inside soon.

IMG_8533.thumb.JPG.fc8ed515c2d7cbe5243be016e4dea802.JPG

Have a few things to do before I can say that's it like cutting a hole in the backing to access the plug and cutting some carpet to get it level. It won't take long once that is done to fill them up!

Decided to call it a night and looked at the Limited thinking it has not been treated like this for such long time so motivation is high.

IMG_8532.thumb.JPG.dda088912b41f030632978e63cdbb2cd.JPG

• Like 2

Wish there was heat at the Special garage as it feels like I'm living there.

Looks like I'm going to get a container on Monday to move the savable things into it  temporally at least till the garage addition is finished when the weather breaks.

They will deliver it and let one take their time loading up, then lift it keeping it level to load onto a truck and then will take it to their secured yard for no extra charge or bring it to my house till emptied. So far the wife is not to keen on that.

Meantime I have a place to store the Special anytime the roads clear up from the salt but still have to get to that accelerator linkage... 

Plus got that dead freezer out of the basement today.

Always  kinda independent and hating to impose on my sons I came up with a plan.

Having saved the block & tackle it only made sense to put them to work.

I even was able to get the wife into the cause.

IMG_8537.thumb.JPG.7fc98f9bca5f1f471e85ffeb20e64ff0.JPG

It will be off to the scrap yard on Monday.

• Like 4

Before getting back to the Special garage today don't I get a call from my son asking if I could bring back the snow blower as he wants to use it to clean off the snow on his uncovered patio. Seems he fell down his concrete front steps due to ice that had formed from clogged eaves troughs, melted during the day and refroze in the night.

Fortunately only bruised but said his back was sore and didn't want aggravate it more by shovelling the snow.

Naturally the auger belt is slipping for sure needing replacing but he had both new ones there saying, "Here you go, I know you know how to change them ". 

That's what I get for borrowing something....

Before I headed over his way decided to check out back of my garage and here's what I found.

IMG_8540.thumb.JPG.29d1c043823a0dbc8b56220241e6dbb3.JPG

Fortunately it won't be an ice problem for me.

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Got to see my grandson while at my boy's before starting the snow which was great. At just 4 months he is getting more interactive and seems to know when to smile when we talk to him. Can't wait for that first Buick car ride!

Went back to the Special garage with a mission to dig out the metal outrigger beams, counter weights, parapet wall hooks and any other metal to bring to the scrapper tomorrow. Most of it was along the back wall behind the Overland so was quite a careful carry to get outside without scratching up the truck, Overland and Special!!

Unfortunately this is all outdated equipment and would require an engineering stamp for today's standards (even though I would stake my life on it, even today!) so off to the scrapper in the morning and put the money towards the cars.

IMG_8541.thumb.JPG.cf400577ec9ce51fd6acac08aaec1c1b.JPG

IMG_8542.thumb.JPG.222775e96b122892afd2bb1c0edece18.JPG

If the darned old cat does her usual thing calling us to get up and feed her around 7:30 in the morning (wish we could shut her internal clock off!) I will be first in line at the scrapper, unloaded and at the Special garage by about 9:30. Should be a long day depending how accurate the forecast is for more light wet snow...

IMG_8545.thumb.JPG.4c083bf5186c184415cc9a2fa70814dc.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lancemb said:

When all this is done, you will be glad for it, regardless of initial circumstances.  I hope you have a thaw coming, ours started slightly today!

Thanks @lancemb.

I keep telling myself that everything will look much different a year from now but in the mean time many tough decisions are being made. This is a big job and with doing it one's self, trying to not let it take it's toll on me.

Don't feel sorry for me as I, more than anyone else, know it's my own doing!

By putting this out there I hope anyone reading this doesn't allow themselves to get into this position although I've read that advise from some of the wiser members here more than once yet here I am.

That relief in temps you mention is starting here today but is bringing a wet sleet/snow mix. Thinking the insulated coveralls is still a good idea to avoid the chills. 

On my way to the scrapper in this as time's marching on.

Will post the results latter tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 95Cardinal said:

Doug, sometimes I get tired just reading about your exploits.

Ha ha Joe. 

In my younger days I used to carry two of those counter weights at a time to set up and tear down a job so ya I'm feeling tired too. 🤕

Before I did the scrap run I called about the container and they were able to drop it right away so met the guy and watched as it was put in place.

IMG_8546.thumb.JPG.575457938855edf398531c94442abada.JPG

IMG_8547.thumb.JPG.7baa0890d5912c5b8d064f17bc0733f3.JPG

The unit is maintained level  during both unloading and loading so the contents are never on an angle inside.

It is quite a unit which is controlled by a wireless control unit.

IMG_8549.thumb.JPG.84c08cd85e67dec28833b2b33b4a23b6.JPG

Lots of height and attaching points to tie thing down so getting started...

IMG_8553.thumb.JPG.426cfa848ae01704475b379ceed69ca9.JPG

• Like 1

After the drop off I went to the scrapper and weighed in. Truck, trailer and load came in at 9,380 lbs. The mixed metal weight was 1,560 lbs.

With steel and aluminium up now it was enough to pay one months rent for the container and happy about that even if my arms are feeling it a bit.

Heading back after supper to stay on top of things. 

IMG_8552.thumb.JPG.1b2cf8cd9233effd9b45b221152f1166.JPG

• Like 1

I went back about 6:30 determined to show some progress tonight. 

I can say it's starting to open up in the garage and getting over the hesitation on throwing things out more as I go along...

Having the trailer parked beside the container it already has the bottom covered for a trip to the dump.

Not a lot of pictures taken but did manage to unbury the spare Whippet motor rolling it around in preparation to get into the container tomorrow.

IMG_8565.thumb.JPG.1cc3d84bc38e8ec5715589c019821e81.JPG

I also rolled the spare Overland motor around beside the Whippet engine. Since she is smaller and narrower than the Whippet I will be bringing it home and tuck it inside out of the way. They are both free and crank them over putting oil in the cylinders every now then.

IMG_8566.thumb.JPG.5bf4b0174918a6ed6667c4433c073c7d.JPG

Those inexpensive furniture dollies really come in handy.

• Like 2

After a restless night got up early and went to the clean out job which I attacked with a plan in mind. Once again figured those blocks would come in handy.

It's not a huge rise but made things easier to control the effort.

IMG_8568.thumb.JPG.4bb835c625af5d236b44c823a18ceddb.JPG

With that positioned I moved the Roadmaster seat inside with the furniture dollies and then went home with a few things I wanted there and to get some lunch.

IMG_8569.thumb.JPG.a1356aa3fc7a1af858dd411b09f9039a.JPG

While making some sandwiches to take back and eat at my leisure doesn't my wife say to look at the dinning room table. Sitting there on a towel is my paper work from my truck console including trailer ownership and other business cards and such....

Seems she got a knock on the door before noon and saw a fellow with this bundle in his hand and everything was wet! 

He found it on the road in front of his place, read the address and thought he had better bring it over to us. My wife was flabbergasted and didn't get his name but said he was driving a black Ram and lived at the other end of our street. I need to find him and thank him for his kindness!!!

Looks like my truck fob battery has died or quit working as I thought I locked her up after coming home around 11 last night...

The strange part about this is that they left about three dollars of loose change and two different gift cards so what was the purpose????

Kids just out screwing around ??? or thinking there might be something else?

Maybe the led motion light scared them off in mid grab?

• Like 1

Went back to continue cleaning up and had some heat under my collar while going through things!

Made a trip out to the other storage container and came back till dinner time.

I gobbled it so as to not get sedentary and loose motivation so went back out again. Left for the night around 9:45 and tomorrow plan to attack the last shelf area and the things in front then decide what I'm going to do with that engine and transmission sitting on the stand...

IMG_8572.thumb.JPG.61173ade9d31a3cc420ad65b276cd647.JPG

It is complete but seized thereby wasn't able to separate them.

IMG_8573.thumb.JPG.965652cc764cb67b7ca450618bcec016.JPG

I need to start posting things for sale on Kijijji soon...

(OH, I manually locked the truck tonight!)

• Like 1

It's Thursday morning 9:15 and slept in...

Long days, late nights are getting to me but the effort is starting to show so in the end, it will be fine.

Decided not knowing just where I will be storing the Whippet on the trailer yet I switched her dog rad cap for the flat black one on the spare and it will now reside on my Buick shelf in the office till there are car shows again.

IMG_8574.thumb.JPG.8f0681658fc1edf41b536771ff8a48a5.JPG

Dad had the original base re-chromed and the dogs tail was broken off but he found a reproduction dog somewhere and I sure would not want it stolen sitting some where for an opportunist to take advantage. Heard of it happening at our clubs museum displays occasionally...

• Like 2

I pumped up the tires on the truck and Overland and will see if they go soft on me.

Hopefully they will hold air long enough to get on and off a trailer when they get moved out.

Naturally I while sitting there I just had to put a rag to those rims after wiping the cob webs and dust from the tires.

IMG_8582.thumb.JPG.7f54cf27736ca92d701d0a797ae87218.JPG

It will be nice to get her outside in the sunlight again after her long hiding spell.

IMG_8585.thumb.JPG.2cb1c7510711d93746c803d58dc2c2bc.JPG

The best thing happening is we hit 50 degrees yesterday and it should stay above 32 most of the remaining week through Sunday.

• Like 3

Progress?

Two days of sorting and such and was able to finally move the Special so as to access the things up in the rafters above her.

IMG_8607.thumb.JPG.6cff156ea7a985cd9c438352f69ca5f6.JPG

I'll lay some clean cardboard down and jack her up to look at the gas pedal linkage Sunday. It is supposed to be 50 degrees which helps with the hands.

Once I box up the stuff on the trunk I will put the top back up and let it stretch before latching it down. It's been in that position for a long time and has a tendency to shrink a bit.

IMG_8611.thumb.JPG.bd236e9d61957fa6ef169244f038529b.JPG

I made another trip to the scrapper but had to get some fuel first. What a SHOCK that was! Two days ago it was 1.01/L and today....

IMG_8602.thumb.JPG.762ff15e82892749d61ba18d59a3e088.JPG

NOTHING BUT GAMES !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GARY F said:

Thank the gas  prices up there and down in the US to Sleepy Joe.

Hesitate to post this for fear of being removed but it doesn't help up here to slap a "Carbon Tax" on every Litre (not gallon) of fuel across this country either.

Trying to move along...

• Thanks 1

In the moving along vein I have been pushing the envelope to meet what was this Sundays deadline to be moved out of the garage where I have kept the cars and things for the past 13 years.

It has been a logistics problem from the start with too many cars and stuff versus a suitable location to put everything and it takes time to make a rational decision to save, throw out and or put up for sale...

Fortunately (or not) I had a visit from the fellow I sold the place to and was kind enough to give me the extra time to get things in order this past Thursday saying he has a deal pending to sell the place by March 5th so I have that bit of time to get it accomplished yet.

It will still be close but then he said he would see if they might rent the garage to me so lot's of irons in the fire! Talk about a fluid situation...

Saturday arrangements were made for my friend to come and get the metal work bench I have no room for. His friend came with a nice trailer and we loaded it , some 4x8 sheets of very used plywood plus used wall panels he felt he could put to use in one of his older out buildings to close up some gaps.

IMG_8614.thumb.JPG.a98aa5e1e5fd94f46b98a4051aedf07b.JPG

After everything was loaded up we all looked at the cars to which his friend expressed an interest in the old truck. Will see how that works out as this will be the fourth "I'm interested but let me think about it" talk. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

After a quick take out lunch I turned focus on the Special.

That trunk needed to be sorted, labeled and boxed before I could put the top back up. (that flat surface syndrome in play there...)

IMG_8612.thumb.JPG.8e39ed951c241a58f9d212503a434c39.JPG

I made sure to mark everything as it likely won't be till September before I put attention to her and get that dash back together with the garage build hopefully getting done at home this spring.

For the record, the original speedometer had quit recording the mileage some time ago so needed repair. Took this shot showing what it has recorded so far. The trip odometer works as does the speedometer drum (albeit 8 miles per hour faster hitting over 50 mph) so had an idea when to do oil changes. 

IMG_8617.thumb.JPG.8b7b8f61e59983fecc07531e20a7295d.JPG

@95Cardinal was able provide a working unit (before the pandemic hit) which was the original intention last winter to open up the dash to replace it and recover the dash top...

His unit shows less mileage so going to leave it but will keep track of additional travel to my original (just for my information).

IMG_8616.thumb.JPG.cdc721bd3c915a44486788e845544360.JPG  

Had two boxes with related dash parts in them which fit nicely in the trunk to be available when the time comes. I then put the top up as close as it would go. The material has shrunk so backed it out into the sun to heat up and later get it latched to not over stress the now 37 year old material.

IMG_8618.thumb.JPG.2df4660ffb32c5d90d0ea3d27975201d.JPG 

With that accomplished turned my attention to a few remaining things in the rafters now that the car was moved out of the way. 

With a light rain going on today the effort (to start out with in my mind anyway) will be to raise the car up and get a good look at that gas pedal linkage.

IMG_8620.thumb.JPG.21b2e1d78447d8127c2145fbf895931c.JPG

• Like 1

Today, Sunday February 28, 2021, a date that will... Wait, really it's just another milestone for the "saga of the Special".

I left late in the morning determined to get at the accelerator linkage as I have an appointment to meet the owner of where she will be stored this Thursday around 5 pm. Figured I better get this done and not leave it to the last minute as he wants a running car not a dead horse to push around in the building. I get that and understand totally.

First I had to put together three garbage cans for the Monday morning pick up and the big one that the truck lifts up had glass plate in it so covered it with a sheet and with ball-peen hammer smashed it to get more things into it.

That was fun and a bit of a stress reliever... 

After that exercise grabbed my small floor jack, a bottle jack and two safety stands to lift the Special sitting there waiting patiently.

Naturally both jacks were low on fluid so found my bottle of oil and slowly filled them up.

There probably is a quicker way of doing it than I did but being outside in the sun working on the supply box at the front of the trailer, enjoyed the 52 degree warmth and the few hello's from the many walkers.

Finally went back inside and raised her as high as would allow to work safely under her while laying on the floor.

IMG_8623.thumb.JPG.5ac3d6880664086baab81ac424d6dffc.JPG

With a light bar up top, trouble light below and a handle held LED I crawled underneath on new clean cardboard to find an oily dirty mess!! I haven't been under her like this for so many years and will have to trace what appears to have been an oil leak and know the power steering pump is noisy so...

Crawled back out and grabbed some rags to wipe things off under there and some plastic bags to wrap around my forearms hoping to save my wife from freaking out seeing oil grim stains on my shirt sleeves...

Dressed up I went back under and located the problem as suspected by a few of you and myself. That ball joint on the rod attached to the foot pedal broke and later found the rod on the floor inside behind the pedal.

The manual shows linkage items but it sure doesn't show how little room there is to access that nut on your back while on the floor with even a stubby wrench (two are required)...

IMG_8627.thumb.JPG.42bf03fd0b650ed85f681607e11ea602.JPG

• Like 1

Looking at the rod I started to wire wheel it for further inspection when the darned old motor quit! Figures... It has served me well for the 13 years here so guess for a home built unit I shouldn't complain too much.

Before I go too much further a question:

Are there replacement ends available for this rod?

Does this unscrew off the rod or does one have to buy the whole piece?

IMG_8630.thumb.JPG.da411a2506c328ff3dcb95143ed8553a.JPG

Having another wire wheel at home and sure I had this piece from the Limited parts car I headed home to hunt.

Well after a frustrating search inside the garage and in one of the more accessible of two sheds I did what I not only posted but swore I wouldn't do. 

Looking inside the good Limited there sitting on the floor was the piece I needed. Robbing parts from her wasn't my first choice but... 

I know I have another one and in good shape but when will I dig through things to find it??

IMG_8633.thumb.JPG.0ed3e76ee9a4a3189e58f5085fa9edd4.JPG

With a quick hit on the wire wheel it was ready to go on the Special.

IMG_8634.thumb.JPG.18f231bb474feb2137a10f1a0bb87455.JPG

Again the question:

The end on this rod is slightly shorter so are these ends replaceable? 

The camera angle makes the rod appear shorter but it is not. 

I will be keeping all pieces broken or not bagged and tagged. 

• Like 1

With supper close at hand I pondered how I was going to attack installation.

Looking quite the unsightly mess while eating, cleaning up minimally knowing I was going back to get even more dirty, my wife asks if one of the boys would be able to help?

Tried calling the oldest first and almost finished eating with no response so sent a text to my other boy. Got a response shortly asking, "What's up?"

After explaining he said sure and we met to install the new old rod after unbolting the broken piece first. He was on the inside working through the hole with an open end wrench while I was under on my back using a couple of extensions with a socket and a small ratchet.

Easy taking off the nut and lock washer but trying to get the lock washer and nut on....

We both came up with the idea to stuff some paper towel inside the socket, keeping the nut near the end and then place the lock washer on top with some grease to keep it from falling off.  

A Voila!!

Took only a little adjusting with the angle of the threads from my son inside to get started and on it went!!  😁🙃😍

Gave it a test before dropping her back on her feet and looks like I'm going for a tank of gas tomorrow. Top will be up but that's OK! 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Start of a new month and sharp at 9 am I get a call from someone expressing interest in my '52 Ford truck.

Discussed what was included and the price then told him I'd be at the Garage most of the day (as has been the norm) and available to see what was for sale.

The man brought a friend and they both spent a good deal of time looking things over till finally making an offer. I thought about it for a few minutes and suggested could we meet in the middle?

Sold was the answer and he handed me a bank envelope with a cash deposit in it!

Sounds like it will be preserved as original which he wants to drive it and work on the few things that it needs. Yea on that! 👍

Asked if I'd be here later (which was a most definite Yes) so he went to his bank and brought the rest of the money and we put some of the parts in his truck that were included in the sale.

Afterwards I started cleaning out the box of the items we used when attending cars shows that will be used in the Buick's later.

IMG_8638.thumb.JPG.232b5e3201cc63fd29590373c3715a41.JPG 

Decided to leave the inside box I built to fit inside as it helps keep things dry if caught out in the rain with the tonneau cover snapped on.

IMG_8639.thumb.JPG.95202ff2984b95dc4f8c66dc666fd1db.JPG

Then I emptied out the glove box which on these trucks is surprisingly deep holding more than what one would figure...

IMG_8642.thumb.JPG.bf925d0862ecab807c3244cc9c043765.JPG

Even though we were both happy with the transaction it was a bitter sweet moment for me taking off the license plate to ready her for transport on Wednesday....

IMG_8643.thumb.JPG.2157c2068a32bc59ab1184557e055c34.JPG

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dei said:

Start of a new month and sharp at 9 am I get a call from someone expressing interest in my '52 Ford truck.

Discussed what was included and the price then told him I'd be at the Garage most of the day (as has been the norm) and available to see what was for sale.

The man brought a friend and they both spent a good deal of time looking things over till finally making an offer. I thought about it for a few minutes and suggested could we meet in the middle?

Sold was the answer and he handed me a bank envelope with a cash deposit in it!

Sounds like it will be preserved as original which he wants to drive it and work on the few things that it needs. Yea on that! 👍

Asked if I'd be here later (which was a most definite Yes) so he went to his bank and brought the rest of the money and we put some of the parts in his truck that were included in the sale.

Afterwards I started cleaning out the box of the items we used when attending cars shows that will be used in the Buick's later.

IMG_8638.thumb.JPG.232b5e3201cc63fd29590373c3715a41.JPG 

Decided to leave the inside box I built to fit inside as it helps keep things dry if caught out in the rain with the tonneau cover snapped on.

IMG_8639.thumb.JPG.95202ff2984b95dc4f8c66dc666fd1db.JPG

Then I emptied out the glove box which on these trucks is surprisingly deep holding more than what one would figure...

IMG_8642.thumb.JPG.bf925d0862ecab807c3244cc9c043765.JPG

Even though we were both happy with the transaction it was a bitter sweet moment for me taking off the license plate to ready her for transport on Wednesday....

IMG_8643.thumb.JPG.2157c2068a32bc59ab1184557e055c34.JPG

It's always sad to lose the ones you like.  But the situation is what it is.  Hope you get over the pain soon Buick Brother! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

It's always sad to lose the ones you like.  But the situation is what it is.  Hope you get over the pain soon Buick Brother! 

Having had trucks for the business and then this one since 2002 she will be missed but as you say, it is what it is and have lot's of pictures having had fun with it.

Once the dust settles I indeed will be "Back to being a Buick guy" again!

(with the occasional Overland and Whippet extravaganza)

Off to rearrange the vehicles for transporting. 

• Like 2

Well that was unexpected!  It will be a blessing though in the end.  You need to make space, and you made a good xhunk of it.  It sounds like it was a hassle-free transaction, and you have some cash to go towards the Buicks!

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 11:15 AM, 95Cardinal said:

Congrats on selling the truck, Doug!

Just think of all the Buick and Whippet parts you can buy with the extra cash.😁

Thanks Joe!

That will be a thought down the road but first I have to get that garage addition finished.

On 3/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, GARY F said:

How is the Nash coming along??

Gary, 

Dare I say no news is good news?

I have been so busy and had not really had time to think about her so will have to put in a call soon. 

Last conversation was to go ahead with rebuilding the rear axle knowing it won't be cheap but what choice do I have. They know I wasn't in a hurry so maybe they have other major high dollar restorations on the go and have mine sidelined for now??

Thanks for asking.

20 hours ago, lancemb said:

Well that was unexpected!  It will be a blessing though in the end.  You need to make space, and you made a good xhunk of it.  It sounds like it was a hassle-free transaction, and you have some cash to go towards the Buicks!

Concluding a deal in less than an hour was unexpected for sure but has been in the back of my mind since about Thanksgiving. 

I'm hoping to put some aside to paint the inner panels and front fenders for the Limited when dust settles around here...

11 hours ago, cxgvd said:

Doug: Remembering I'm a retired car salesman, good for you.

I did not know you sold cars for a living Gary.

For me other than the Cougar it has been a long time since selling a car and an antique at that! I tend to buy something that is a low mileage vehicle and at a good price then hang on to it as long at it is fun to own...

The man buying it said to me when he brought his wife over to see it that he was sorry to hear I had a twinge taking off the license plates. He then said he hoped I had not changed my mind about selling!! 

Assured him that it was not the case and was happy about selling to him as I felt it was going to a good home. He then thanked me for selling to him so guess all concerned are good. 

• Like 2

I have to tell this story, I mean what haven't I told so far right? hahaha

With the deal sealed and signed on Monday I told him I could have the last bit of stuff moved away for the truck to be transported on Wednesday.

Yesterday, Tuesday, I bought a large coffee and started in clearing a path plus double checking the tire pressure in the hopes of pushing her out from the back. The truck isn't heavy but that last left rear tire was not accessible and soft so it was more than I could do by myself (that independence thing again...).

It only took a minute of thought and realised I could pull her out slowly with the Special now that I had fixed the accelerator linkage.

IMG_8645.thumb.JPG.493ee47c45372ce501a05329e43102b8.JPG

Slowly and carefully I edged everything a bit at a time.

Once there was room I put my small compressor to work and had the tire pressure where it should be.

IMG_8647.thumb.JPG.9e101d47288785592cf72d3a3dffda31.JPG

Fortunately the floor is level and didn't have to worry about them bumping together.

IMG_8648.thumb.JPG.cbd095f1fa7896bb3828442278517780.JPG

• Like 2

Managed to get it outside trouble free and then realised there was a bit of a slight valley outside the door so how to get the truck back inside???

IMG_8649.thumb.JPG.289e9d534db78b6e04b48207b94a7f22.JPG

Took a pause and thought "I wonder?"

Sitting there were the block and tackle and looking at the Overland, figured with the car in gear and the parking brake on it might just work...

IMG_8654.thumb.JPG.a48ec552ef229098695a6e0c0b4e1865.JPG

With very little effort she rolled back and out of the valley at a controlled rate.

Before too long I had the truck in a perfect position to get the Special back inside beside the Overland and would be able to get the truck out when the roll back came on Wednesday.

IMG_8655.thumb.JPG.9bdc8d319de75f65395e4fa41736a9d3.JPG

Unconventional to say the least but then again, Momma didn't raise no fool!!

• Haha 1

Satisfied things were in order I decided since the Special was sitting there outside in the sun this length of time I struggled but was able to latch the top to the windshield making sure she would be ready for her trip out to a storage palace on Thursday afternoon. It's about a 20 minute drive which will do the motor good having done nothing put fast idle this past two months. I think some premium will be on the menu for this trip.

Also having sorted a few pieces of Buick parts I put them in the car and drove over to Mom's to put into dad's wood shop temporarily.

Naturally went in to check on her and after a bit of conversation she  brightened up. Living alone cooking for one with no place to get out to other than groceries is having a bit of a mental toll kinda like cabin fever so will have to make my stops more frequent once this move gets over. 

She had to wave me good-bye saying the car looks really good!

Thanks Mom, see you tomorrow.

IMG_8659.thumb.JPG.de93e33870a15be8943f79d649404f55.JPG

• Like 1

Today, Wednesday, I met the new owner at the garage and the roll back came about 2:25. 

We had pushed her outside to be ready with no difficulty and the driver was able to position himself perfectly for a quick lift.

IMG_8678.thumb.JPG.d41b1ac55089116bab0def1aaa28337b.JPG

Once secured it wasn't long seeing her leave for her new home.

IMG_8681.thumb.JPG.ab9d763bc1b0d786ec9343c6585e8554.JPG

I'll be seeing the new owner Larry, tomorrow as he's coming by my garage at home to get the engine that went with the sale...

Meantime,

Can't believe how spacious this garage is looking!!!

IMG_8682.thumb.JPG.cfce240fe61353642cd7b30b14cedaf4.JPG

Can you believe I had 5 cars in there once!!!!

Sure going to miss that!

• Like 5