Running board questions

bobj49f2

Guest Grant Magrath

Can't help you with the first part, but the running boards should be the same.

We recovered ours ourselves using running board rubber that had been to NZ twice, once when a guy bought them for his 37 down south, realised it was for a 39 and sent them back to be re-listed on eBay for us to buy and get shipped out again! Got some good pics on another computer of the way we fitted them as well if anyone's keen. Has to be done in a few stages.

Cheers

Grant

More questions.

Are the running boards the same for '37 and '38? I have the subject about whether the boards for two doors are the same as four doors, they are. Now I've been told the part numbers are different. I know from experience with old Ford trucks some parts have different parts number because of minor differences but they will still interchange, maybe with a little alteration. My question is has anyone used boards from one year to the other? Did you have to alter them?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
More questions.

Are the running boards the same for '37 and '38? I have the subject about whether the boards for two doors are the same as four doors, they are. Now I've been told the part numbers are different. I know from experience with old Ford trucks some parts have different parts number because of minor differences but they will still interchange, maybe with a little alteration. My question is has anyone used boards from one year to the other? Did you have to alter them?

Thanks

I'd like to know that as well.

Thanks

I was told by Dave Tacheny he has installed the boards from either year on either year car. He didn't say if he had to modify them to make them fit. Some one else told me there was a difference in the way they were mounted to the brackets so I'd guess that there is some modification from the bottom that you wouldn't see unless you crawl under the car.