1941 Buick 4-door info and identification

Guest NICOLEFOURNIER

Guest NICOLEFOURNIER

Hi there, I am trying to help a "potential" customer obtain more information about a 1941 Buick, 4 door. All he can give me at this time is the serial number: 14114772. Is there any way to glean more information about this vehicle using this #? Your help and input is greatly appreciated! Thank you, Nicole

There wasn't much information contained within the serial number in those days, unlike the 60s and newer. I don't know whether the Buick Heritage Alliance has Dave Corbin's research up and running yet or not, but if they do, they may be able to tell the series of the car and an approximate production date.

There is much more information on the body plate, located on the passenger side...brain isn't quite working as to whether it is on the cowl or the inner fender area.

Nicole. The car was Flint, MI produced (because the number starts with 1). Sorry other than that you'd be able to tell about when it what week it was produced from that number (which I can not do), but that's pretty much it. The engine number can tell you what series the car is depending on what number it starts with and as Thriller mentioned the Cowl tag has the most info.

Guest NICOLEFOURNIER

Thank you both for your time and input. I have asked customer to send me a photo of the body plate. Have a great weekend!

Guest Straight eight

I had a Black 41 Super four door and sold it in Michigan to a young man in the Lansing area. My car had elephant ears on the front and rear bumpers, and amateurish attempt to grain the garnish moldings around the side windows. If this sounds like my car, please let me know.

The serial number indicates it was made in Flint Michigan. You will need the data plate to indicate the series/model/color etc. Also, the engine number will indicate the small 248 or large 320.2 engine. The engine plate is on gthe passenger side near the oil filter on the 248 and back further the starter on the 320.2. If you get the info I can break it all down for you.