Porter mufflers

Guest btate

Guest btate

I listened and watched a you tube on the "Porter" muffler and I really didn't like the high pitch ping sound it made. I think I like a low frequency sound better. The old fiberglass mufflers I loved from the 50's but I don't care for now, or at least I don't think I care for them, but it has been a long time since I have heard a fiberglass muffler. Any suggestions, I don't want to be stuck with a sound I don't like. Car is 55' Buick 264 nailhead, single exhaust pipe.

First of all nailheads, and especially the 264 do not have a prominent or harsh exhaust note like a SBC or Ford Y-block. I have dual 18" glass mufflers on my 51 F-1 with a 264 and to me it's not loud enough (people at shows think it has a SBC with flowmasters). Mike (buick5563) has a long single glass muffler on his 55 wagon with 322 and that has to me a nice sound with no drone on the highway...maybe because it reminds me of my first 55 that has a similar muffler.

Willie

I have a pair or Hush Power 12" mufflers on my Riviera at the rear and a full diameter equalizer pipe where the stock muffler goes. Close your eyes and you'd swear it was a Chris Craft. Those mufflers try to make the '50's steel pack sound using laminated plates. I'm real happy with them and that takes a lot.

For appraisal purposes: Riviera- no exhaust.

Bernie

a%20010.jpg

a%20011.jpg

a%20007.jpg