Buick article in todays Paper

JohnD1956

YEs, I guess I am still old fashioned and I read the printed newspaper. And in today's there was a story about GM making small refinements to the 2014 Lacrosse and Regal with an eye towards capturing a younger market. There were two pictures and I am intrigued as these minor improvements really looked good in my opinion. But I have to wonder just WTF this company thinks when they try to sell a premium priced offering to people under 40 yrs old? Are they blind that youth seems to be having a diffucilt time making ends meet, what with college loans and not many employment opportunities matching their degrees out of college? Or am I totally lost in yesterday alltogether?

Well I think it's working. Several of my peers (mid-30's) have bought new Buick's and other have said they would definitely be interested in a Lacrosse. When our Enclave was new about 3 years ago we had many interested on lookers at the daycare. It took me a bit by surprise that our grocery getter Enclave would be something anyone would want to get a better look at but it happened more than a couple times. I told them you should see the Buick's I have in the garage!!

Guest 4 bufords

i loved my lacrosse but heard buick might make a car like a gs then pulled the plug,i bought a new camaro.323 hp v6/6 speed stick.should that platform with a buick body.could make it into a gs or gn with a turbo.maybe i'll take off the chevy emblems,4 bufords from ct

Guest my3buicks

Well, the multi million dollar homes that my company works in I would say the average age of the owners is around 40 or very slightly older, so........ I do have a couple of them with Enclaves, a couple Regals, and a couple of them have their kids are in Verono's, so.... I am pretty sure Buick is hitting the mark.

I also see a ton of Buicks in the neighborhoods, Enclaves everywhere, lots of Regals, and trickle down from there.

The youth market is where is is for all of them. I took my driving test in my Dad's new 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500, black with a red interior, my first car was a Buick and I was raised in light throttle and lots of torque.

This 3600 cc engined car was mine:

w%20001.jpg

I would get livid driving it on secondary roads and the rolling hills of New York State.

I have a V8 Silverado for a work truck.

After looking at late Jaguars, Lincolns, BMW, Rolls-Royce and just about anything that I could drive at light throttle with lots of torque (regardless of price) I bought this:

016a.jpg

GM built some enjoyable drives for 100 years. There are a lot of choices.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)