1947 Chrysler lug bolts needed

Guest gdmefford

Guest gdmefford

HELP! I just bought a 1947 Chrysler Windsor 4 door sedan. One of the first projects is getting the brakes to work. Just read how to get the brake drums off - which I understand we use a wheel puller to do so. We are missing 5 of the Left handed thread lug bolts. The size appears to be 1/2 x 20. Any ideas? Parts stores, hardware stores, and Roberts Auto Parts does not have them. Thanks. Happy Easter!

HELP! I just bought a 1947 Chrysler Windsor 4 door sedan. One of the first projects is getting the brakes to work. Just read how to get the brake drums off - which I understand we use a wheel puller to do so. We are missing 5 of the Left handed thread lug bolts. The size appears to be 1/2 x 20. Any ideas? Parts stores, hardware stores, and Roberts Auto Parts does not have them. Thanks. Happy Easter!

You need the puller as you mentioned for the rear drums. On my 36 Chrysler I put the puller on tightened it up pretty good and had to just let it sit as it wouldn't pull it off. After I think it was an hour, I was working in the shop, I heard a pop and it was loose. So it may not come right off. I may have some new lugs if you don't find any. I'll have to check.

Not sure, but I think that NAPA has the left hand thread wheel bolts, part number WA2592. My notes show that as a cross for the Chrysler part number 856891, left hand thread wheel bolts for Plymouth wheels. Might be the same for Chrysler. . .

In referring to my post I meant lug bolts not studs. I never called them studs just lugs. I forgot the word Bolts. I have had a few pre 50's Mopars that I've done wheel work on. Just to clear up any confusion in my post, and yes I do have NOS Lug Bolts I just can't remember if the ones I have are RH or LH thread. I may have some of each.