Making progress

tommygfunk

<O:pWell it has been some time since I had good news on the 1957 Amblewagon. I finally found a real good gas tank at the Big M Automotive in Williams, CA. he found on for me and the price was super good so thank you john! My fuel pump is on its way back from Then & Now Automotive and has been completely rebuilt so I’m hoping that this is the end of my fuel system problems. With the help of Hilltop classics out of Escondido, CA I found out that the tailgate window has two different lift tracks that glue to the bottom of the window. So I need to find the channel off a non-power window. The rear glass I have come out of a power gate, go figure. The parts list I still need is small things like the horns, headlamps, tires, [i still have the 1957 bias ply tires on it] and a headliner. I’m hoping the vacuum wipers work. There is absolutely no play in the wiper transmission so I hope the vacuum motor is still good. I really want to drive “Annabelle Lee” soon. I’ll keep you posted. <O:p</O:p

<o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p>

Well I got the tank and the fuel pump in the mail Monday and WOW I was impressed!. The tank was in fantastic condition and the rebuilt pump was amazing. I did take the tank over to Moyers Moyer Fuel Tank Renu - antique gas tank repair restoration, classic car gas tanks GASTANK in Greensburg pa to get it checked out and were awesome. All I have to do is get them installed and pray she starts up! <o:p></o:p>

Archived