Mr. Earl - 'specially for you.

RivNut

Thanks Ed. El Buick is indeed a spectacular car, what I wouldn't give just to take a ride in it. I hate to say it but I'm thinking the engine is actually a Mopar 360 putting out over 500 horsepower. I use to communicate with Othon, the first owner who built the car. In one of the races his wife got gravely ill at home due to worrying so much about him racing. I think he ran the next years race then put the car up for sale for something like $35K. Not that it matters, but although it has Century badges, some of the interior panels say it was a Special. I have watched all the videos of both owners so many times I could probably run the race blindfolded.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aSqYjDGNZok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

That comes pretty close to my memories of riding in Grandma O'Brien's black '54 Roadmaster when I was around 10. Real close; we had a lot of one lane bridges over the Barge Canal back then and the rule was "Buicks first".

Bernie