Sign in to follow this  
db34

What year Chevrolet are these fluted head light reflector's from?

These have a small Chevy bowtie in the outer rim. Does any one know wht year they are from?, Thanks in advance for your help, Daryl

post-59877-143141818158_thumb.jpg

post-59877-143141818433_thumb.jpg

If you are trying to sell them would you take $20 for both + shipping?

I think they are Superior reflectors, between '23 and '26. Probably '26 and Guide brand. They are designed to be used with a plain glass.

Al

They are for the 1928 National. I stand corrected, but I think they are unique to 1928.

They are the same as the original items on my 1926 coupe.

post-37352-143141825215_thumb.jpg

Yes, one year only - 28. The silver is in better shape than the ones I have for my project. I believe the ones for your 26 have been replaced sometime in the past they should be smooth.

Yes, one year only - 28. The silver is in better shape than the ones I have for my project. I believe the ones for your 26 have been replaced sometime in the past they should be smooth.

I have to disagree as the car I had was a VERY low mileage car (it was in a fire), so I doubt that they were replaced. I also see many original cars on sites that have those as originals. Not to mention that my 1926 manual shows the ribbed items for the "Superior" model for 1926....

post-37352-143141828997_thumb.jpg

Superior, Superior K ('25) and V ('26) and '27 Capital all had ribbed reflectors and plain glasses. The diameter of the reflectors shown might help identify them. Also, so far as Superiors were concerned, I think the inner fender mounted ones were Indiana and the later bar mounted ones with aluminum band were Guide.

Al

I don't know if they're 1928 National only, but the original '28 that my late father and I restored years ago had them.

kaycee