What year Chevrolet are these fluted head light reflector's from?

db34

Yes, one year only - 28. The silver is in better shape than the ones I have for my project. I believe the ones for your 26 have been replaced sometime in the past they should be smooth.

Yes, one year only - 28. The silver is in better shape than the ones I have for my project. I believe the ones for your 26 have been replaced sometime in the past they should be smooth.

I have to disagree as the car I had was a VERY low mileage car (it was in a fire), so I doubt that they were replaced. I also see many original cars on sites that have those as originals. Not to mention that my 1926 manual shows the ribbed items for the "Superior" model for 1926....

post-37352-143141828997_thumb.jpg

Superior, Superior K ('25) and V ('26) and '27 Capital all had ribbed reflectors and plain glasses. The diameter of the reflectors shown might help identify them. Also, so far as Superiors were concerned, I think the inner fender mounted ones were Indiana and the later bar mounted ones with aluminum band were Guide.

Al

Archived