Bleach

Vintage Hearses, Funeral Coaches and Flower Cars On Main Street Anywhere: A Pictorial

I said that I thought that those super long Latin American hearses might be built on airport limo chasis - not on the airport limos. Please forgive me if I've made a mistake, but I assumed that the factory offered their cowl, front sheet metal & chasis packages in different wheel bases, in much the same way that trucks and vans come. Do you know for a fact that I'm wrong?

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

Hudsy you're not totally wrong. The Cadillac commercial chassis only came with the front sheetmetal in one wheelbase configuration from the factory. The individual body manufacturers may have extended them to suit their needs.

Thank you, Bleach. I stand corrected. Then my assumption about their utilizing an already available factory extended wheelbase is simply wrong. I still can't figure how they decided on the "correct" length for those ridiculously long open air heasres.

What appears to be a Packard is actually a Russian version built from the old Packard dies called the ZIS 110.1276117226_zis110kc.jpg

Time to bring this thread back to life...

Not sure about this one, I think it might be a 1920's Dodge.

?imageId=images-17235&profile=access

This was from an earlier post by Matt Hinson. I'm not sure of the make

MCHinson

user-offline.png

Super Moderatormchinson.gif?dateline=1280542354<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; font-size: 12px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Jun 2006</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Wilmington, NC</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">4,421</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Images</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">210</dd></dl>

Re: Someone on here is looking for a hearse.

While we are talking about Hearses, I guess I should post a photo of an interesting one.

I am not really looking to buy another Hearse, but I really like this one.

<fieldset class="postcontent" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;"><legend style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;">paperclip.png Attached Thumbnails</legend>71265d1340370773t-someone-here-looking-hearse-rsz_dsc_0022.jpg </fieldset>

Thanks Dave, That one is a fairly early Model T Ford hearse. I knew that I had posted it here previously and was thinking of posting it in this thread. I spent a few minutes looking on my computer for my photos of that hearse last night, but gave up before I found it. I did not think to search for my older post of it... Somewhere I have some photos of my first car, a 1961 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse. I need to find some of those and scan them...

I'm looking to buy this car or similar any info is appreciated. Jack

Emerson jacke218@gmail.com

post-31884-143142413649_thumb.jpgHere is a 1924 Reo that is owned and displayed at the AACA Museum in Hershey.

Neat thread! I did not think, until now, that leaf spring suspension was available in 1865, as clearly it was on Abe Lincoln's coach!

Our 1958 Cadillac Eureka Flower Car - magnificently restored by Restorer32 - AACA Senior Car winner 2005 at Hershey.

post-91762-143142438249_thumb.jpg

post-91762-143142438253_thumb.jpg

post-91762-143142438257_thumb.jpg

post-91762-143142438261_thumb.jpg

64519.jpg

A custom coach made to look like a modern Packard?

Our 1958 Cadillac Eureka Flower Car - magnificently restored by Restorer32 - AACA Senior Car winner 2005 at Hershey.

Stunning just stunning.

Wow, wow and more wow.

I am the owner of the "modern" Packard shown here. I have spent the past hour typing and retyping a brief history of both this car and of the company that built it, but these forums refuse to accept my post, so I give up. Short answer, it is based on a 1985 Buick Riviera. Longer version, follow this link....

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/b/bayliff/bayliff.htm

^ Guess that proves the first three letter of funeral........ :rolleyes:
Per the web site where I found the pic the woman is the photog's mother. She is a cancer survivor and has her pic taken in the casket alongside the hearse every birthday. Her and her son build the casket.

In other words, she has a healthy outlook on life!