1989 Buick reatta light help!

Ryguy92503

Can someone please please please help me out, for some reason all of a sudden my interior lights stay on in the car, whether the car is on or off. There isn't a switch for the interior lights is there? And I'm pretty sure it isn't the door switches, I press them and they still stay on, I never get a door open error on the screen. This just all of a sudden happened, I drove to work and when I got there the lights just stayed on, I had to take the accessory fuse out but I want that back in. I have no idea what it could be. If someone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks!

I just tried, I turned the sentinel delay switch down and the panel light switch down and they still stayed on..... I didn't see any other switch
Reatta didn't come with a sentinel delay on the switch. You must have a Riviera switch. There should also be a dimmer slider on it as well.

Ref 8A-114-2 Reatta service manual.

There are a couple of possibilities. Listed easiest first.

(1) Courtesy light relay.....could be sticking ON... it is located in right front of console

(2) The door jamb sw and the door handle sw on both sides will trigger the BCM to give the above relay ground. If any of the 4 are bad that could be the problem.....

(3) a problem with the BCM..... only way to verify is check the above and/or replace BCM

(4) Splice 305 is under the passanger seat, if that has become grounded, the light will stay on. We all know about the potential problems with moisture on the splices under the seat, however, the usual sympton is the lights do not work.

Yeah I bought the headlight switch not too long ago.... And no door ajar message comes up....
Just to be clear, have you checked the panel dimmer slider to make certain it is not pushed all the way to the right? Not the sentinel delay, the instrument panel dimmer slider.