Help with old racing memorabilia

Guest Kdurant

Guest Kdurant

Hello,

I have a box of old car emblems, badges, and racing memorabilia that belonged to my husbands grandfather who was big into racing in the 1930's. I have found several on eBay that go for over $100 each but there are a bunch that I can't really identify. Could anyone point me in a direction of getting these identified or appraised? I'm wondering if there is a museum somewhere that would like them? I live in the Seattle Tacoma Washington area.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kim

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Kim:

You say you're in the Seattle/Tacoma area - right in your own backyard is the LeMay Museum. Here's part of what their "mission statement" says on their website: "LeMay – America’s Car Museum (ACM) spotlights America’s love affair with the automobile. Featuring a nine-acre campus – with a four-story museum as the centerpiece – ACM, situated atop Tacoma, Wash., 30 minutes south of Seattle and in the shadow of Mt. Rainier, is one of the world’s largest auto museums and attractions when it opened in June 2012. ACM is designed to preserve history and celebrate the world’s automotive culture. The spacious facility houses up to 350 cars, trucks and motorcycles from private owners, corporations, and the LeMay collection, which amassed a Guinness Book record of more than 3,500 vehicles in the mid-‘90s."

Here's their website: LeMay Museum > The Museum

I'd check with them about their interest in your collection.

Good luck,

Fred

If you are looking to sell the items, spread the lot out on a table an take a picture of everything together. Then, auction each item on eBay individually with a bunch of clear pictures, as detailed a description as you can come up with and include a shot of the whole lot together with a note that you will be selling all of it eventually. Be sure to include the family history in the ad.

Assuming the pictures are done well, your descriptions are detailed you will get close to market for everything.