1936 HUPMOBILE EXPERIMENTAL/PROTOTYPE FACTORY HISTORY

Guest BRANSTUDER

Guest BRANSTUDER

Hello all,i have the "xn" 1936 621 N 8 cylinder barn fresh experimental car,i am looking for any info on the car,jimmy brucker had it and info but passed away before history files could be acquired.we just got it running after ,it seems,half a century.any information would be appreciated.

also looking for a a grill for it,for its grill is damaged at lower level.i have a 1934 427t as well in need ov a vertical bar grill.

thanks for any input.

Edited by BRANSTUDER
spelling (see edit history)

A pic of the car you are talking about would be nice ,but more insterested in seeing the serial number plate thats on the passengers side of the firewall.. The car should look simular to this 1936-621 Model N without the bussel back trunk. See pic.

post-60296-143141809824_thumb.jpg

Guest BRANSTUDER
A pic of the car you are talking about would be nice ,but more insterested in seeing the serial number plate thats on the passengers side of the firewall.. The car should look simular to this 1936-621 Model N without the bussel back trunk. See pic.

hello,same model as yours.data plate differs from standard 1934-35 J AND T hupp plate.engine #4,head #1.data plate i wont post on the cyber world at this time.thanks for interest or any clues.

i will upload a pic soon.

Well this car has a total production of 262 cars in 3 different body styles, a 4dr sedan, a 2dr. sedan and a coupe. The white 1 in the pic is the only 1 in the Hupp Club that is registered & running on the road. We have driven this car over 20,000 since 1991. The gentleman said he would post a pic when he can. Not all of us are retired and have a lot of time to do as we please. Please give the man some time.

Guest BRANSTUDER

EXPERIMENTAL

Well this car has a total production of 262 cars in 3 different body styles, a 4dr sedan, a 2dr. sedan and a coupe. The white 1 in the pic is the only 1 in the Hupp Club that is registered & running on the road. We have driven this car over 20,000 since 1991. The gentleman said he would post a pic when he can. Not all of us are retired and have a lot of time to do as we please. Please give the man some time.

post-92160-143141815419_thumb.jpg

Nice , thank you for posting the pic. As far as the grill goes, there is a hupp club member that makes new grills. One of our fellow club members had one made to the tune of almost 3 grand. I have been thinking for over 20 years of having some cast out of brass or aluminum. Not until the last few years as enough of these cars came out of hiding as to warrant such a project. I have a perfect grill in my 1936 G model, but it may be a little smaller than my N. If it is the same, it would be good to use as a pattern for some repos. I will check this out in 2 weeks and see if they are the same size. The problem being that if the G model is smaller, the only car that has that grill is the model N. Out of the 262 producted , I know of 6 & 2 our mine.