Air Filter Housing WTB '41 Continental

rockitdoc

Scott, how about a picture of the air cleaner-filter you have? Some Ford air cleaner tops are similar to an actual LC unit. The "whole enchilada" if you can find one can be in the $400+ range. See ebay 360616483828 as an example.

Here are pics of the 'lid' to the air filter housing from the top and bottom. Most of the center was rusted away, and I might just have to fabricate one if I can't find a reasonable cost replacement.

post-62942-143141809554_thumb.jpg

post-62942-143141809565_thumb.jpg

TWOZ is the semi-monthly magazine published for members of the The Way of the Zephyr who love the V-12 powered Lincoln Zephyr and Lincoln Continental Automobiles. One of the best car magazines devoted to a particular American made car. Super magazine full of Lincoln inspired articles, helpful hints, want ads. etc. If you love the Lincolns you need to join us. See this web site opening page for joining information.

TWOZ is the semi-monthly magazine published for members of the The Way of the Zephyr who love the V-12 powered Lincoln Zephyr and Lincoln Continental Automobiles. One of the best car magazines devoted to a particular American made car. Super magazine full of Lincoln inspired articles, helpful hints, want ads. etc. If you love the Lincolns you need to join us. See this web site opening page for joining information.

I joined a few years ago when I was helping my dad restore his Connie. I am rejoining because this summer the car will become mine. He is giving it to me and after making it roadworthy, again, I will be driving it with my two boys from North Carolina to Colorado the first week in June this year. I will look up the repro air filter lid when I get my first TWOZ issue. Thanks.

Scott...Don't know when you will get your new copy of TWOZ...so Tom Akin offers 1940-41 air cleamer top as a fibre galss repro for $70.00. He can be reached at 740-922-5738. Address is: 8425 Latto Road SE. Uhrichville, Oh. 44683. Long time Lincolneer...GOOD LUCK on your trip across the USA.

Scott...Don't know when you will get your new copy of TWOZ...so Tom Akin offers 1940-41 air cleamer top as a fibre galss repro for $70.00. He can be reached at 740-922-5738. Address is: 8425 Latto Road SE. Uhrichville, Oh. 44683. Long time Lincolneer...GOOD LUCK on your trip across the USA.

John,

Thanks for the info. I was about to fabricate one out of sheet metal, and my skills in this area are primitive, at best. Hopefully, the Akin repro is the one I need. The trip will be memorable, regardless the outcome. Hopefully, we won't need any towtruck assistance.