Running Board Aluminum Edge Molding- ideas?

fozz71

Hey Guys,

I have a driver-quality '28 Vic 6 and need edge molding for my running boards. Has anyone found a more reasonable substitute for the pricier custom made ones? I am just looking for square aluminun edging.

Thanks,

Jim

Try a cabinet shop. They may have varied profiles to search from. There are other running board trim suppliers, but I cannot think of the names. I have seen some guys use aluminum stair edging and it looks great. Try here for a start....http://www.google.com/shopping/product/1492472612272315730?q=aluminum%20stair%20edging&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=712&sa=X&ei=6nZGUbDjL4rlrQGq9oCQAg&ved=0CGgQ8wIwAg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vern, I don't know how my inside would have aluminum- it is a very gradual curve and not an inch of straight anywhere- plus the running board is designed to tuck and extend under the frame and bolt down underneath. Thanks- Jim

Perhaps I do have an early model- as the boards extend underneath the frame and bolt blindly onto the braces. If I use more aluminum it wouldn't be seen anyway. I just wrapped the wooden edge with the rubber and that finished it off cleanly. I understand the argument against water but my curved bodyline dictated a different style of runningboard. Thanks.