For Sale: 1916 Crow-Elkhart project

Steamcar

I have for sale a 1916 Crow-Elkhart project. The 30hp Lycoming engine has been redone according to the previous owner,and turns over. There are two bodies, 9 or 10 wheels, two transmissions and rear axles, the frame is in primer. Many, many miscellaneous parts. It has a good Virginia title. Included is an original owner's manual and an original acquaintance manual and also many advertisements from the era. At my age, I have decided that I will not live long enough to restore the car, too many projects ahead of this one. For pictures of all the stuff, please contact me by PM.

As an addition to the above information, I neglected to mention that the bodies are a 5 passenger touring and the other is a cloverleaf or tulip type of body. the tulip body would be much different from anything usually seen on the road.

The forum rules state that you are supposed to post a price. Please read. You really should post more pictures and more information as it is really hard to picture what you have. Read the post in the general forum by Barry Wolk and you can understand how we might be a little sceptical and want more information.

I agree, whatnis a reasonible offer??? It may be $500.00-$5000.00. What a lot of sellers dont know,is if some of these basket cases were given away and the car recieved a PROPER restoration,the owner would be upside down in the car. I never could understand a seller bragging that he is offering a car for sale and is going to take a HUGE LOSS> I know it happens ,but not with me. The seller knows how much he has in these parts and knows what he would accept. Why not just say what that # is and not waste buyers time.... Maybe Im old fashioned but if anyone asks me "HOW MUCH?" he is going to get a number.