1930 sedan ,Need help finding cowl/firewall,windshield frame

Car and truck cowls and windshield frames are different. The lower edge of a closed car windshield is curved, but the truck's is straight. Given that, the cowls probably can't be interchanged.

Windshield frames are a mess because they are almost always rusted out in the lower corners. The Filling Station in Oregon sells most of them, but they are expensive. A company in Pennsylvania makes the windshield stock material that the Filling Station uses. I bought enough to rebuilt the bottom half of a frame for my truck windshield at $15 a foot. A friendly expert welder put it together for me. Was still expensive.

Car and truck cowls and windshield frames are different. The lower edge of a closed car windshield is curved, but the truck's is straight. Given that, the cowls probably can't be interchanged.

Windshield frames are a mess because they are almost always rusted out in the lower corners. The Filling Station in Oregon sells most of them, but they are expensive. A company in Pennsylvania makes the windshield stock material that the Filling Station uses. I bought enough to rebuilt the bottom half of a frame for my truck windshield at $15 a foot. A friendly expert welder put it together for me. Was still expensive.

Thanks.Do you have info on that company that makes stock? I have found out that top of truck cowl is flat opposed to car cowl which is curved also the windshield side pillars are different. I was hoping 28 sedan parts would work, but it doesn't look like.I may end up buying a truck cowl and make it work if I can't find sedan cowl.

Thanks. Do you have info on that company that sells stock? Yes, I already have learned that truck cowl is flat opposed to car cowl.

bob@windshieldframes.com, dsales@windshieldframes.com

See what you can find at windshieldframes.com. I think they were in Pennsylvania. I'm almost positive that is where I got my frame stock. Have misplaced all other records of the project. I'll keep looking.

....Sam

Caution: if you were to advertize that you were looking for a windshield frame, you will probably get replys from some scammers in Blackpool, England. They ain't legit.

Edited by OkieWinds (see edit history)
bob@windshieldframes.com, dsales@windshieldframes.com

See what you can find at windshieldframes.com. I think they were in Pennsylvania. I'm almost positive that is where I got my frame stock. Have misplaced all other records of the project. I'll keep looking.

....Sam

Caution: if you were to advertize that you were looking for a windshield frame, you will probably get replys from some scammers in Blackpool, England. They ain't legit.

Thank you. You're right, I got couple of scammers emailing me already.

I recently saw a 30 NOS cowl. Not sure if it is for a car or truck. I can try to track down that info if you are interested.

I hope it's for a sedan. Thanks

It was in the VCCA web site that was copied over from H.A.M.B. The fellow lists it as a 29 but does not show the dash. The sheet metal of many Chevrolet trucks were made from the previous model year, but the mechanical was the current year. He is asking $300