Another DB Bargain

Taylormade

Yes, he does have a lot of gall asking $18,500 for what sounds like a number 4-5 car. And only you, Phil, could come up with something that obscure!

Just wondering about the numbering system for the condition of a vehicle. Is a 4 - 5 car based out of 10? 10 being the best? I have heard some folks refer to a near perfect example of a restored vehicle as being a #1. Is there a common standard that is usually used?

Thanks for the opportunity to learn from the experts.

Best regards,

Dale

<quickprintreadystate style="display: none;"></quickprintreadystate>I don't know about experts, but there are enough of us around to correct someone who makes a major error - which I seem to do on a regular basis.. It's a 1 to 5 system, with 1 being a show car and 5 being a vehicle that needs a total restoration. Based on the seller's description, his Dodge sounds like about a 4 minus. I agree with keiser31, I sure would like to see some pictures. It sounds like the car is rotting away, but I doubt if it will be sold with that kind of price tag.

I am STILL laughing at the guy for even trying to sell something....ANYTHING..on Ebay without a photo. Only the scammers in the UK would offer to buy it without seeing it.

Guest DodgeKCL

I believe a #5 is a parts car. Then #4 is restorable,#3 is a '20 ft' car' in various conditions, #2 is a correct restoration of some years ago that needs some freshening up and #1 is a recent ,correct, 100 points, resto. At least that's the way I understand it. And no I wouldn't even respond to the guy's ad. Sounds like one of those ones from a prisoner doing long time and lookig to rip us off. They usually ask for some money up front for photos or to move the car closer to you for 'inspection' or to plate it so it can be driven closer to you etc.