Sign in to follow this  
Taylormade

Verdones Casting

I've been trying to contact these folks for the last two weeks. No response to my phone messages or emails. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Verdones Stainless Castings

Jere and Marge Verdone

31 Stricklerstown Loop Rd.

Newmanstown, PA 17073.

Thanks,

RT

I'm very sorry to hear that. The website is still up, so I assumed they were still doing business.

Thanks.

I still think they may be doing business,seen her at hershey booth last year.I may stand corrected ,but I thought it was for sale

Marge is still continuing the business until she finds a buyer. Sent you a PM

Anyone have any updates? I notice the website is down, I was hoping to get two parts from them.

Mrs. Verdone is still in business but on a limited basis.She has some health issues with her family right now and is taking care of that first. I would keep trying because she may have the part that you are looking for already made or at least a pattern.

Has anyone taken over Mr. Verdone's business? He had a method of using the original part as a pattern to make stainless steel castings with no shrinkage. I need a simple part cast.

What do you need cast, I may be able to help you with it. If you have an original, I can make a mold and cast a part off of it.

She is still in business trying to sell all she has.I do not think she is doing anything new.She was at Hershey with all of her parts for sale.She has health problems at this time.

I think the casting shrinkage for 304 stainless is about 2.6% or 0.3 inch/ft. One simple way to compensate when you have an original part is to dip it in melted wax, then use that for the casting pattern. On a 4" long part, you only need about 1/16" of wax coating all over to wind up with the same length part. A little more wax leaves some metal on the new part for finish machining back to original size. Most foundries can do this for you. Casting aluminum parts this way is a little tougher because the shrinkage is 6.6%.

We would just cut, bend, drill and polish that piece out of stainless bar stock.

We would just cut, bend, drill and polish that piece out of stainless bar stock.

That was my original plan. Original was aluminum, not stainless, so even easier to work with.

Steve,

If you want me to make you a pair, I can, up to you, it will be very easy.

Steve,

If you want me to make you a pair, I can, up to you, it will be very easy.

I would greatly appreciate that. Can you give me a price?

post-48034-143142972618_thumb.jpg

post-48034-143142972645_thumb.jpg

Steve,

Aluminum $20 for a pair plus shipping

Stainless $20 for a pair plus shipping

Do you want them polished like a mirror or where they look like they have patina. Same price, just want to make sure you get what you want.

Steve,

Aluminum $20 for a pair plus shipping

Stainless $20 for a pair plus shipping

Do you want them polished like a mirror or where they look like they have patina. Same price, just want to make sure you get what you want.

For that price, I can't refuse!

I think they should be aluminum with a light polish, not mirror-like.

Good, this is a hobby, we are suppose to help each other, if you would PM me your address and I ship them to you late next week. Don't pay for them until you get them, I want you to be absolutely satisfied prior to payment.