Front axel problems

Guest reds141414

Guest reds141414

I replaced both front axels on my tc and im having problems with the car not running right, it just winds out after i go 5mph. I never had the drivers side axel to compare because it got shattered when it broke, but when i compared the passenger side the axel that Oreills was going to give to me was to big, so we matched it up with one that was the same size. Hemi-dude replied and said I might have the wrong axels. How would I be able to check if I have the rite axels. Is there a way to measure them or is there anyway to gey the measurements of the axels that need to be in the car. or do i have a major problem on my hands. how do i get the rite axels in my car

You may want to look at item number: 261052394222 on eBay. $160 plus shipping and more than you would need. I just read the description and it says right or left for $165 but the picture shows both front struts/hub assembly/caliper/rotor/axel. You may want to call he and see what the story is.

I've seen a few times when the axle was not pushed in far enough, for the circlip to snap into place and hold the axle from sliding back off the splines. Usually the axle would drive for a short distance, then slip off the splines and just spin.