Nice Garage

Guest vacabill

About a year ago that house and garage was featured on I think HGTV as one of those dream houses. A friend I was talking to last weak at our Saturday morning car gathering tells me he's moved his companies headquarters out of California for Texas. For the time being he will keep some of his houses here. He tells me that by just moving he has seen a 13% raise in income for the company. That 13% was not from added business, it was from the removal of California's tax burden compared to what he now pays in Texas.

Guest vacabill

Yep he had 700 employees here, and asked the county for some breaks, which our county, has one the highest unemplyment rates in the state, but they refused, so I heard he offered his employees the chance to move to texas and he would pay, if they wanted to stay with the company. Don't know how many took him up on his offer.

Ya'll come on down to PA. I live on 100 acres, nice home, horse stable, 5 car garage with upstairs wood work shop, another 4 car garage/ metal shop/equipment storage. Between PA state tax forgiveness for not developing the land and Federal payments for not planting crops my tax burden is about $1000/year. But there is a 3.2% income tax....................Bob

Ya'll come on down to PA. I live on 100 acres, nice home, horse stable, 5 car garage with upstairs wood work shop, another 4 car garage/ metal shop/equipment storage. Between PA state tax forgiveness for not developing the land and Federal payments for not planting crops my tax burden is about $1000/year. But there is a 3.2% income tax....................Bob

My dad has 220 acres in Virginia of which 90 % or better is tillable. New horse barn with 8 large stalls and Tack room. He has draft horses. A machine shed that is 60 X 130. A nice old house that he restored. The taxes are around $3,000 per year and he rents the land to a farmer for more than twice that. The Farm we had here in NY was 260 acers with three houses and lots of barns and out buildings. About 150 acres was tillable. When he sold about eight years ago the taxes and insurance was over $25,000 a year. The two shacks that I own on 8 combined acres is around $8,000 in taxes and around 2,000 for insurance. Tough to justify staying here, but hard to pick up and move with the business, and reputation I have established here also. Dandy Dave!

My dad has 220 acres in Virginia of which 90 % or better is tillable. New horse barn with 8 large stalls and Tack room. He has draft horses. A machine shed that is 60 X 130. A nice old house that he restored. The taxes are around $3,000 per year and he rents the land to a farmer for more than twice that. The Farm we had here in NY was 260 acers with three houses and lots of barns and out buildings. About 150 acres was tillable. When he sold about eight years ago the taxes and insurance was over $25,000 a year. The two shacks that I own on 8 combined acres is around $8,000 in taxes and around 2,000 for insurance. Tough to justify staying here, but hard to pick up and move with the business, and reputation I have established here also. Dandy Dave!

They call it taxes, but in reality it's income redistribution and it's mission is not fair and just.

They call it taxes, but in reality it's income redistribution and it's mission is not fair and just.

Where school and land tax is concerned in this state, we are never asked what our income is, we are just handed the burden to pay. If you cannot afford to pay, you will loose your property and everything on it over time, (Including your Antique cars and tools.) to the county. I'm finding that as I get older it gets a little harder every year. Everything go up a little, I tell my customers that I need to Increase my rates and they Cry like babies and say, " But this is just a hobby for us." It is a good thing that I am deversified and do more than old car repair for a living or I would be totally busted in this area. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Where school and land tax is concerned in this state, we are never asked what our income is, we are just handed the burden to pay. If you cannot afford to pay, you will loose your property and everything on it over time, (Including your Antique cars and tools.) to the county. I'm finding that as I get older it gets a little harder every year. Everything go up a little, I tell my customers that I need to Increase my rates and they Cry like babies and say, " But this is just a hobby for us." It is a good thing that I am deversified and do more than old car repair for a living or I would be totally busted in this area. Dandy Dave!

For the average homeowner you can pretty much determine how much they are worth by where they live. Of course that does not factor in retirees who's income has dropped. It's these people who are being forced from their homes by high property taxes.

For the average homeowner you can pretty much determine how much they are worth by where they live. Of course that does not factor in retirees who's income has dropped. It's these people who are being forced from their homes by high property taxes.

Totally agree. Also is tough for anyone that becomes disabled and cannot work for one reason or another to maintian their standard of living. Dandy Dave!

I moved out of CA many years ago to enjoy no state income tax in WA (and no sales tax in OR if I drive less than ten miles across the river).

Property taxes are reasonable but it gets pretty wet for two thirds of the year. That other third starts next month....