2 1928 3 window master series coupes on the jalopy journal.

Guest 48buickkid

Guest 48buickkid

You may have to sign up to view pics on this site and its the only way to contact this guy! Located in Lodi California

Guest 48buickkid

Here is the text from that post

i have 2-1928 rumble lid master series buicks with golf club doors. first car has resto started. There were only around 7000 of these made and only few exist,

1st- this one is in good condition, it has 4000 original miles. all wood has been started and has all correct wood to finish, all body panels good. has original wood spokes wheels and tires hold air. motor has been gone through and has manifolds and carb rebuilt, rebuilt generator, starter, vacuum fuel pump, reconditioned glass bowl fuel filter. Rebuilt ignition system. has complete new gasket kit to reinstall. New windshield rubber, Comes with new correct hoses with buick print on them. has all glass in good shape. all door mechs working. this car is 100% complete but slightly disassembled. has completely restored headlights that cost $1000 to do. all new chrome, reflectors re plated, and glass polished. has re chromed landeau bars. Rechromed original flying lady radiator cap/ornament. Re chromed cowl lights, rechromed dash stuff. Near perfect taillight with re done buick badge. every piece of wood removed has been marked. every little piece that was removed is bagged, dated, and labeled with little picture of how it went. Restored rumble steps and visor gussets. lots of stuff was blasted and rebuilt. bumpers are off but have been blasted and have all new correct hardware bolted. motor turns and everything looks good!!! has radiator, all seat spring including rumble. also has wood for steering wheel restored.

the story on this car is: original owner took intake off to do a modified flip in 1931, he broke bolt off in block. he gave up and covered in the barn in S. california. it sat there til his son sold it in 1995 to guy i purchased it from. he was the one who slowly began the resto. he had tons money invested in this one. he bought the 2nd from N. Carolina and had it shipped.

2nd- complete unmolested car! Bought to use as life size model to rebuild first car. have correct wood to do a wood resto. motor turns. has little rot in lower grill shell and in running board spash pans. tires hold air. has excellent headlights that are off for safe keeping.

extras: has extra doors in great condition, pair of rear 1/4's, extra rumble decklid, headlight rings and glass, has Buick steel spoked wheels and hubs with buick script to do a swap, boxes of literature on the wood, body parts, motors, and history. Lots of correct hardwood to do wood replacement, extra columns and wheels in great shape. Also pics of the first car showin every detail before it was partially disassembled. There is lots more extra stuff lot listed like gauges, steering Wheels, landaeu bars, tail lights, and lots more!!!

im looking to sell as package but will sell seperate. $10kobo or trade

Wow, what a post. Thanks for posting. It was uinteresting reading his story. Because I thought how do you locate 2 of the same car so close by but then see where one came in from quite aways. Yes, he is a hot rodder judging from his avatar. But he seems unlikely to want to modify them.

Then, you look at the photos and realize just how much work would be involved to bring these 2 Master's back. All probably worthwhile and fun, but a lot of work. These are the lwb cars with golf doors. Certainly no offense to Standard 6 owners, but if you going to buy a full on project car this would be a good choice.

Guest Rob McDonald

I like the sloped grille on the one. Looks like an early-30s Alfa Romeo. Ah Buick, what a trend-setter!

Car's are on ebay now. This seller is getting a bit desperate to move these very rare and cool top of the line Buicks for 1928. In all fairness there were 2 wheelbases for 1928 Masters, 120 and 128". I can't tell what wheelbase these car. Either way they are rumble seat closed Buicks from the 20's.

Buick : Other yes in Buick | eBay Motors

The auction ended with a sale. I bid $3000, reserve was not met. I was high bidder by quite a bit so figured it would buy me negotiating room.

Then I got an emal that reserve was lowered, but to what I didn't know. Seller said the car could sit as long as needed. Then I got outbid in the last few minutes and reserve was met, so there was a lot of communication on the car, lots of work done by the seller to see where he could put the price to likely get a sale. Final price $3200 hammered sold.

The interesting part is the seller never committed to which of the 2 was the subject of the auction. He never communicated to me that the other car was still for sale. Finally, he originally wanted $10,000 for BOTh cars and both had positives and negatives but it would be implied that $5k would be needed per car.

Since this one sold for $3200, perhaps he would have gone to $6000-$6500 for both cars, giving a purchaser many years of restoration fun. A worthwhile endeavor.

Guest 48buickkid

I think he sold the one on the right which means he probably still has the one on the left. Judging purely by his description. Who knows maybe the untouched one could be had still for a bargain price? Hey guys I tried but I didn't see them till the add was a few days old.

Guest 48buickkid

I stand corrected the car on trailer in the pics above is the one still for sale. Also this is the car with all the extra parts. He is accepting reasonable offers!!!!

Thanks. I am due to speak to him today. Cody is his name, his emails yesterday were pleasant. I don't want to waste his time, but we'll talk. So that means the one still available is the 4,000 original miles car, if that statement is to be believed.