Radio Delete Plate / Panel....Clock delete panel

pyntre

Hi everybody.....

How far and few between are these Buick parts for 63 to 65 Rivs...Radio Delete Plates ????? If anyone has any info on the production # s of this oddity ...or a part that matches this description I would be interested to hear from you.....I would like to purchase a radio delete plate if anybody has one .....And how rare are the clock delete pieces???:rolleyes: I love this forum and all the great people here !!!.....Just got a foot of snow today....3 to 4 foot snow banks along the driveway.....My little girl came in after playing outside today...{No School}.... and said " summer got a lot farther away today didnt it?"....I just smiled and said ..You live in Minnesota........;););););););)

Electric clocks were standard equipement on Rivieras. They were options on other models so you might be able to find something from a LeSabre or other base model. No info on the whereabouts of a radio delete panel. The same panel has the a/c vent in it; do you need one for an a/c car or non a/c car?

Ed

In 1963, only 561 Rivieras were shipped from Buick with no radio.

In 1964 the number was 513.

In 1965, it was 603.

The cheapest radio (AM with manual antenna) cost about $90, so I guess if cost was a consideration you would drop it. If cost was the driver, I'd say a car with A/C (a $430 option) but with no radio would be quite rare.

Years ago I looked at a 63 with radio delete for sale locally. Don't remember if it had AC, but do remember it had deluxe interior, power windows and power seat. Only one I recall seeing.

I'm betting most of the cars ordered that way ended up with radios after they changed hands from the original owner.

John

In 1963, only 561 Rivieras were shipped from Buick with no radio.

In 1964 the number was 513.

In 1965, it was 603.

The cheapest radio (AM with manual antenna) cost about $90, so I guess if cost was a consideration you would drop it. If cost was the driver, I'd say a car with A/C (a $430 option) but with no radio would be quite rare.

I was commissioned to sell the car that had the delete plate - I told the owner that I would install a factory am/fm to help sell the car but I had to retain the plate sold or not . I did sell the car and have the plate . Its the only one I have ever seen .

I was commissioned to sell the car that had the delete plate - I told the owner that I would install a factory am/fm to help sell the car but I had to retain the plate sold or not . I did sell the car and have the plate . Its the only one I have ever seen .

Not for a Riviera, but I do have the original delete plate my Dad ordered for his 61 Electra 225, because he bought me a transistor radio, and always liked to listen to the engine, not a radio.

When I did have some 61's in my collection, I always thought I would use the delete plate to fit a modern stereo there, and cut to fit. Never did so, still have the plate.

It's aluminum, and ribbed like the real radio plate for 61.

Dale

Glad to see there is an interest in the FREAKY side of Riviera ownership...I love the odd ...hard to find stuff , and can not believe there are actual stats on how many were ordered per year without ...or with.... radio delete.... Thank You for the info ....its great to know what kind of odds I am up against for ever finding a delete plate....and options of ac or no ac to boot ....yee ha.....It took me 3 years to find the mint Radio delete plate for my 66 nova..just had to have it...could not hear any music over the 585 horse 383 anyway..