'48 Sedanette 56K

Hudsy Wudsy

It is a very DESIRABLE body style, for sure, big plus there. It's a Super, if it were a Roadmaster, well lots of folks would feel the price is RIGHT.

I am guessing the price isn't to far off. Great color too. I am NOT a big fan of plastic covers though. Sweating under the plastic isn't good.

If I weren't so busy with lots of projects I would be interested.

Dale in Indy

It is a very DESIRABLE body style, for sure, big plus there. It's a Super, if it were a Roadmaster, well lots of folks would feel the price is RIGHT.

I am guessing the price isn't to far off. Great color too. I am NOT a big fan of plastic covers though. Sweating under the plastic isn't good. With just 2 pic's it doesn't tell the REST OF THE STORY, but maybe it doesn't have top rust.

If I weren't so busy with lots of projects I would be interested.

Dale in Indy

Yes very nice. These cars are still out there. Spider sense tells me these cars may have been owned by someone who has just passed away and did not want to get rid of them OR has just entered a care facility and signed over POA to someone charged with cleaning up the estate. Maybe I am wrong. $5300? Probably pretty close. I posted a 41 Century Sedanette link off ebay last week, without a 320, that ended north of $3000.

The car is in Elk Point, South Dakota. That's just a few miles south of Vermillion down I-29 where the University of South Dakota is. Folks should get an account on photo bucket and dump a load of photos for this car including the engine, trunk, interior and under the car to help show all it's potential. Hope it finds a good and caring home.

• 1 year later...
Guest shimaseiki

Greetings !

Would you know if the 46 - 48 roadmaster (76-S) and supper (56-S) would have the same body shell. I am trying to restore a 48 supper sedanette but instead i found a 46 - 48 roadmaster sedanette body shell at a scrap dealer, would the roadmaster body panels be a perfect fit for the supper ?

Merry Christmas all !!

Guest shimaseiki

Sir's, many thanks for the precious information, i am going to try and keep the complete shell from the 76-S on to the 56-S. Would that be possible ? if from the firewall -back they match, my only hope would be to replace the same and find a face from a supper 56-S. Mr. Phillips is it possible to take measurement ? can any one help me find a supper body shell (56-S) that would be a perfect match for my chassis ?

Dynaflash8 is right, and I measured both of mine just to be sure. They are the same length from the firewall to the rear of the cars.

Interesting, that the 1948 Super at the start of this thread is the one that now sits in my garage. I guess I should thank "Hudsy Wudsy" for starting this thread.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)