1930 DA-124

30DodgePanel

Jason,

here is a list of trucks that you suggested earlier that may help with matching up the "Tail and Signal Lamp and License Bracket Assembly" IF they fall under the Graham Brothers literature you have.

Part number is 502937

ABC series after E-35000 , D-70000, S-100001 (130", 137", 140", 158", 162" WB)

BD, ID, MD, LD, ED, OD, TD

DE, BE, IE, ME, LE, DA-120, DA-150, DA-165

OE, TE, RE, HE, 2-ton 150", 2-ton 165", 3-ton 185" (up to D-231045, E-146853, S-115778)

DA-130", DA-140" (up to D-231045, E-146853 no mention of Stockton on this listing)

So, Jason, do any of those show up in any of your Graham literature ?

I suspect that although Georges tail light bracket is close, it is still not the correct one after I've studied it more. You are correct, the tail light in post #54 that you provide is the correct one that I need (same as the DA 2 dr sedan your pic below part #300519). So I only need to know what the bracket looks like if possible. Probably similar to the one on Georges 1930 provided here again in the 2nd photo.

post-69994-143141818456_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you come up with. I'd also like to see how yours mounts cause it mounts to the fender on the DA sedan correct ?

Thanks again

post-69994-143141818451_thumb.jpg

Jason,

here is a list of trucks that you suggested earlier that may help with matching up the "Tail and Signal Lamp and License Bracket Assembly" IF they fall under the Graham Brothers literature you have.

Part number is 502937

ABC series after E-35000 , D-70000, S-100001 (130", 137", 140", 158", 162" WB)

BD, ID, MD, LD, ED, OD, TD

DE, BE, IE, ME, LE, DA-120, DA-150, DA-165

OE, TE, RE, HE, 2-ton 150", 2-ton 165", 3-ton 185" (up to D-231045, E-146853, S-115778)

DA-130", DA-140" (up to D-231045, E-146853 no mention of Stockton on this listing)

So, Jason, do any of those show up in any of your Graham literature ?

I suspect that although Georges tail light bracket is close, it is still not the correct one after I've studied it more. You are correct, the tail light in post #54 that you provide is the correct one that I need (same as the DA 2 dr sedan your pic below part #300519). So I only need to know what the bracket looks like if possible. Probably similar to the one on Georges 1930 provided here again in the 2nd photo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185038[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185039[/ATTACH]

Let me know what you come up with. I'd also like to see how yours mounts cause it mounts to the fender on the DA sedan correct ?

Thanks again

I will have to check on this for you Dave, the tailight I posted is not the two door sedan tailight, mine is a two door Victoria and apparently all the series of DA used this very same light except the 2 dr sedan, as I mentioned in my previous post I may have a good picture of a 2 dr sedan tailight but if not I may be able to put you in contact with someone that may be willing to help as he does have that car.

The bracket on the car mounts to the bumper, not the fender, heavy cast bracket that runs to bumper.

I did look at that list already within my own book days ago, I will have too look at all the models photos that I have avail to me and try and decide how many might just be generic photos and which might be of some use, this will take a little time over the weekend. I am in the middle of a couple of things right now but will do the best I can.

I am looking for anything prior to 1923, especially/specifically the ABC series of trucks, I am working on organizing my stuff for quicker reference and it would appear I am lacking sales data prior to 23 so if you can help let me know.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Here are some other hard to find parts for this truck. The instrument panel lamp is gonna be one of the most difficult things to find from what I can tell. I don't see this lamp used on any other Dodge Brothers vehicle I have came across yet, if anyone has, please let me know. I need one more to match.

post-69994-143141818589_thumb.jpg

Dome light, again, I believe this to be unique to the Panel trucks according to my research. The glass has a very distinct design so I'll need to be extra careful with it.

post-69994-143141818601_thumb.jpg

Steel plated floorboard specific for the Panels

post-69994-143141818603_thumb.jpg

Wiper vac

post-69994-143141818605_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141818531_thumb.jpg

post-69994-14314181856_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141818599_thumb.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

I will have to check on this for you Dave, the tailight I posted is not the two door sedan tailight, mine is a two door Victoria and apparently all the series of DA used this very same light except the 2 dr sedan, as I mentioned in my previous post I may have a good picture of a 2 dr sedan tailight but if not I may be able to put you in contact with someone that may be willing to help as he does have that car.

The bracket on the car mounts to the bumper, not the fender, heavy cast bracket that runs to bumper.

I did look at that list already within my own book days ago, I will have too look at all the models photos that I have avail to me and try and decide how many might just be generic photos and which might be of some use, this will take a little time over the weekend. I am in the middle of a couple of things right now but will do the best I can.

I am looking for anything prior to 1923, especially/specifically the ABC series of trucks, I am working on organizing my stuff for quicker reference and it would appear I am lacking sales data prior to 23 so if you can help let me know.

Ok, thanks. Obviously I misunderstood about the tail light you posted my mistake.

I'll make that contact once I get the roster and hopefully that clears it up or at least gets me closer.

Here are some other hard to find parts for this truck. The instrument panel lamp is gonna be one of the most difficult things to find from what I can tell. I don't see this lamp used on any other Dodge Brothers vehicle I have came across yet, if anyone has, please let me know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185052[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185053[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185054[/ATTACH]

Dome light, again, I believe this to be unique to the Panel trucks according to my research. The glass has a very distinct design so I'll need to be extra careful with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185055[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185056[/ATTACH]

Steel plated floorboard specific for the Panels

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185057[/ATTACH]

Wiper vac

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185058[/ATTACH]

Are these your parts, I have never seen the lamp before, I have seen the domelamp, I think I remember seeing one recently for sale, the wiper motor is auto, how do you know it is truck, VERY fragile at mounting points.

Are these your parts, I have never seen the lamp before, I have seen the domelamp, I think I remember seeing one recently for sale, the wiper motor is auto, how do you know it is truck, VERY fragile at mounting points.

Yes, these are parts for my truck. Was doing some searching for the dome lamp earlier and didn't find anything in the Passenger car info that connects to the truck manual part number.

The wiper is shown in my owners manual IE Instruction Book specific for both the U124 & DA124. See 3rd photo top row in post 123 above. Trico is listed under accessories btw also. Hard to tell from the scan but when I blow it up it clearly shows this design of wiper motor. I believe it to fit other trucks as well so it may have been a universal interchangable part just guessing..

I understand these are parts that you feel your truck uses but do you own any of these parts right now or you using photographs provided to you from someone else?

Yes, these are parts for my truck. Was doing some searching for the dome lamp earlier and didn't find anything in the Passenger car info that connects to the truck manual part number.

The wiper is shown in my owners manual IE Instruction Book specific for both the U124 & DA124. See 3rd photo top row in post 123 above. Trico is listed under accessories btw also. Hard to tell from the scan but when I blow it up it clearly shows this design of wiper motor. I believe it to fit other trucks as well so it may have been a universal interchangable part just guessing..

Have you compared the part numbers from your trucks wiper to the auto wiper? Would remove the guess work

I understand these are parts that you feel your truck uses but do you own any of these parts right now or you using photographs provided to you from someone else?

Those parts are mine. Photos were taken in one of my shops.

Still trying to confirm parts numbers on wiper motor and dome lamp.

Heres a pic of a UF 30 1 1/2 ton truck from a 1931 brochure I found showing the tail light, bracket and rear crossmember w/badge.

UF 30 1 1/2 ton uses the same parts number (see Page T-8-29 of the MPB part 300519) for the lamp. This has to be the set up I am looking for. Notice the rear cross member is missing and the Dodge Brothers badge is on the 2nd rear crossmember in closer to the differential.

EDIT:

The UF 30 and the U124 that George has carry the same part number for the tail light bracket , that part number again is 522717 and is clearly the same bracket as in the photos we've provided to this point. But again my bracket part number should be the 502937 #

post-69994-143141818938_thumb.jpg

I have the same brochure, I would not have noticed the rear crossmember missing ( on that cover photo ) unless you pointed it out, mystery solved I guess

Not sure what you mean by still trying....there is an index at the front of the books, either the part number is there or it is not, if it is not than no model within that book carried that same part number. Have you looked yet or does still trying mean that you have not had the chance to look yet? If you have not looked but will look and you find out it is the same motor let me know as I am also curious.

Do you have a rear bumper on your truck or are you supposed to have a rear bumper? On the UF 30, style of bumper ( if it does get a bumper ) evidently changes with body used on the truck. You have been posting some interior pictures of your truck but no exterior which I would like to see.

You are lucky to have that wiper motor in one piece

Not sure what you mean by still trying....there is an index at the front of the books, either the part number is there or it is not, if it is not than no model within that book carried that same part number. Have you looked yet or does still trying mean that you have not had the chance to look yet? If you have not looked but will look and you find out it is the same motor let me know as I am also curious.

Still in the process of finding them again. It's been awhile since "I thought" I found those numbers but evidently I was thinking of other parts... I know in the index of the MPB it shows Dome Light ("Panel") but when I go to the page T-25-19 I don't show a listing for a DA124 or a "Panel". I'll have to revisit that later due to time. BTW it also list the Dome Light as being on page T-00-0 in the body section but no such page is in the MPB. So, still looking. Similar issue with the wiper motor but I'll get back to you when I have time to look into it more.

Do you have a rear bumper on your truck or are you supposed to have a rear bumper? On the UF 30, style of bumper ( if it does get a bumper ) evidently changes with body used on the truck. You have been posting some interior pictures of your truck but no exterior which I would like to see.

Not that I am aware of , I did notice a part number for the DA124 under the Rear Spring bumper but not sure how to tell at this point if mine would have had any kind of rear bumper. I highly doubt it with all the other information that we've discussed up to this point especially since there was no rear cross member. Just don't know where the bumper would have mounted to on mine because there wouldn't be enough holes to mount to with everything else we've discussed.

As for the wiper motor, it again was a part that I salvaged from the truck in Wisconsin. Spare tire carrier is on it's way as we speak. Here is a pic of the wiper motor before he pulled it.

post-69994-143141819078_thumb.jpg

Other pics of my truck the day it was delivered . When comparing it to the stepside Chevy next to it you can tell the size is actually smaller than you would think for a 3/4 ton. I thought it was a 1/2 ton the day it was delivered. Looks shorter in person I guess is what I'm saying...

post-69994-143141819084_thumb.jpg

Pics as it sat at the previous owners property. I'll try and get better pics of the exterior as time allows

post-69994-143141819104_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141819082_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141819086_thumb.jpg

Not that I am aware of , I did notice a part number for the DA124 under the Rear Spring bumper but not sure how to tell at this point if mine would have had any kind of rear bumper. I highly doubt it with all the other information that we've discussed up to this point especially since there was no rear cross member. Just don't know where the bumper would have mounted to on mine because there wouldn't be enough holes to mount to with everything else we've discussed.

As for the wiper motor, it again was a part that I salvaged from the truck in Wisconsin. Spare tire carrier is on it's way as we speak. Here is a pic of the wiper motor before he pulled it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185131[/ATTACH]

Other pics of my truck the day it was delivered . When comparing it to the stepside Chevy next to it you can tell the size is actually smaller than you would think for a 3/4 ton. I thought it was a 1/2 ton the day it was delivered. Looks shorter in person I guess is what I'm saying...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185132[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185133[/ATTACH]

Pics as it sat at the previous owners property. I'll try and get better pics of the exterior as time allows

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185134[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185135[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the pics, it was prob/maybe a split bumper like the one in that brochure that you show above has within it

Need 6 hinge pins if anyone out there has any I can purchase or trade with

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184585[/ATTACH]

Someone liked to practice with the bondo..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184586[/ATTACH]

Drivers glass- passenger side is also good and in place. Both crank up and down

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184587[/ATTACH]

Never noticed the detail on the handles before until I zoomed in on one

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]184589[/ATTACH]

For Sherman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184591[/ATTACH]

Look like same handles are pass car, DH used the same hardware as well, maybe others. New handles are avail here Welcome and they are very nice

Your U124 & your U133 have a part # of 43280 or # 304682 depending on the serial numbers of your trucks.

My DA124 shows part # 527016 in both the MPB (page T-14-17) and my 3/4 parts list book for "Vacuum Tank Assembly".

My question is, according to the MPB in regards to my DA124 it only specifies UP TO serial #D231423, however my serial number is D231751. So I show no listing for my serial number. Am I to assume that the correct Vacuum Tank for my truck then is Part #527016 since theres no other listing for it ?

Who are the manufacturers of your Vacuum Tanks George ? I believe Sherman has stated that his is a Stewart

What was the production date of your truck? I am only looking at one 3/4 ton Model specific P.B but do we have any other publish date other than Oct 1929, I seem to think that your truck was manufactured prior to that anyway wasnt it?

Oct shows the 527016 part number so if it was manufactured prior to this than I would assume this is your part number.

Question is whether it was a Kingston or Stewart.

Also I would be curious to know what happened after D 231423 according to the less reliable MPB

There are no #'s on the lite assembly.

The picture shows the back of the lite and the spare tire mount.

Does your frame have the rear cross member like mine? The gusset plates are attached to my side frame and rear cross member.

I also inculed my air cleaner and carb picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184340[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184342[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184341[/ATTACH]

I have done some research on these tire carriers.

I have two tire carriers. One from may DE model and one from my DA 120 model.

The DE carrier is for the std tire 31x5.25 or 21" size ( Part # 516817). This is wood spoke rim. The one on the right in the picture.

The DA120 carrier is for the 30x5 or 20" size ( Part # 516818 ). This is steel spoke rim and would be the DEW model. Note this carrier has extensions to carry a bigger tire. Also the diameter of the ring is smaller for the 20" rim. The one on the left.

There is a third carrier listed (Part # 516819). This would be for the 33x4.5 or 24" solid steel disk rim and would be the DEF model. This is a guess.

These numbers are in agreement with both the "E" series part book and the MPB page T 22-21, but model listed as DET.

I still do not know the equivalent to the DEW and DEF models using the DA120 model series. They may have added A, or B to the model. You can see how these got damaged in their lifespan.

post-71470-143141820064_thumb.jpg

I have done some research on these tire carriers.

I have two tire carriers. One from may DE model and one from my DA 120 model.

The DE carrier is for the std tire 31x5.25 or 21" size ( Part # 516817). This is wood spoke rim. The one on the right in the picture.

The DA120 carrier is for the 30x5 or 20" size ( Part # 516818 ). This is steel spoke rim and would be the DEW model. Note this carrier has extensions to carry a bigger tire. Also the diameter of the ring is smaller for the 20" rim. The one on the left.

There is a third carrier listed (Part # 516819). This would be for the 33x4.5 or 24" solid steel disk rim and would be the DEF model. This is a guess.

These numbers are in agreement with both the "E" series part book and the MPB page T 22-21, but model listed as DET.

I still do not know the equivalent to the DEW and DEF models using the DA120 model series. They may have added A, or B to the model. You can see how these got damaged in their lifespan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185260[/ATTACH]

I am not so sure the part numbers you are using are designating the size of the tire carried, as you can see they all look adjustable to hold various size tires by moving the hardware around, I would guess the difference in part numbers refers to the fact that although very similar they appear to be different in shape and how they mount.

Maybe the one on the right is simply missing the extension pieces on the ends that the left version has on it and the bends otherwise are identical. It is difficult to judge bends and curves from looking at a picture especially when as you say they appear to be a bit bent and twisted anyway.

What do you think?

If you could re-phrase your last paragraph maybe I could help, I do not understand what you cannot figure out.

I am not so sure the part numbers you are using are designating the size of the tire carried, as you can see they all look adjustable to hold various size tires by moving the hardware around, I would guess the difference in part numbers refers to the fact that although very similar they appear to be different in shape and how they mount.

Maybe the one on the right is simply missing the extension pieces on the ends that the left version has on it and the bends otherwise are identical. It is difficult to judge bends and curves from looking at a picture especially when as you say they appear to be a bit bent and twisted anyway.

What do you think?

If you could re-phrase your last paragraph maybe I could help, I do not understand what you cannot figure out.

These carriers are from my two trucks and I know the tire size for each because I have the rims and tires.

The "MPB" section T-22-20 and T-22-21 show the tire size and these as the model DET.

The carrier on the right bolts directly to the frame with no extensions required. See attached photos.

Jason I have a queston.

I do belive the different models are DE, DEW and DEF. Do you have any sales information to address this?

I am trying to figure this out.

post-71470-143141821113_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141821119_thumb.jpg

What was the production date of your truck? I am only looking at one 3/4 ton Model specific P.B but do we have any other publish date other than Oct 1929, I seem to think that your truck was manufactured prior to that anyway wasnt it?

Oct shows the 527016 part number so if it was manufactured prior to this than I would assume this is your part number.

Question is whether it was a Kingston or Stewart.

Also I would be curious to know what happened after D 231423 according to the less reliable MPB

March 11th 1930 according to build card on file

These carriers are from my two trucks and I know the tire size for each because I have the rims and tires.

The "MPB" section T-22-20 and T-22-21 show the tire size and these as the model DET.

The carrier on the right bolts directly to the frame with no extensions required. See attached photos.

Jason I have a queston.

I do belive the different models are DE, DEW and DEF. Do you have any sales information to address this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185342[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185343[/ATTACH]

Sure, I can help with this, maybe tomm.

March 11th 1930 according to build card on file

I thought I had a chart that shows variety of fuel canister used but it only covers autos

Curious about what you guys find out about the different carriers that Sherman has posted but I don't think the 2 carriers are the same in post #140 for what it's worth..

I believe the one on the left is meant for a much larger truck as was stated. Also, notice the different holes on each set up but have no idea if that makes a difference or not. Very curious about this though...

Notice I edited the photo to point out something.

The upper factory bend on the one on the left should be an indicator of sorts....(just guessing).

post-69994-143141821558_thumb.jpg

Question for Sherman ?

in this edited photo can you tell us what the dimensions are for curiousity sake ?

It appears the carrier on the left will have two seperate "width" dimensions (use the yellow lines for point of interest)... one for the front brackets and a seperate measurment for the rear bracket width. The carrier on the right appears to be the same "width" between all four mounting points of the hangers. Am I correct in this assumption ? If so what are the measurments for the carrier on the left specifically ?

post-69994-143141821911_thumb.jpg

Obviously I'm very curious about this because of my own personal studies that brought me to this point of interest we all have individually AND that we all share collectively as Dodge/Graham Brothers truck owners....

Jason I have a queston.

Yes I also know/am aware of the different tires sizes, maybe I was misunderstanding your post in that it sounded like you were saying they carried different part numbers because they carried different size tire/wheel combos when in fact it sounds like they are different part numbers because they are different carriers altogether ......The carrier on the right bolts directly to the frame with no extensions required..............

Thanks for the clarification

Question for Sherman ?

in this edited photo can you tell us what the dimensions are for curiousity sake ?

It appears the carrier on the left will have two seperate "width" dimensions (use the yellow lines for point of interest)... one for the front brackets and a seperate measurment for the rear bracket width. The carrier on the right appears to be the same "width" between all four mounting points of the hangers. Am I correct in this assumption ? If so what are the measurments for the carrier on the left specifically ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185412[/ATTACH]

Obviously I'm very curious about this because of my own personal studies that brought me to this point of interest we all have individually AND that we all share collectively as Dodge/Graham Brothers truck owners....

Both are from same "E" series chassis. The one with extensions is my current chassis (S115xxx) and it had steel spokes and heavy rear spring.

these frames are badly bent but will have same dimension.

Have a good Easter.

Sorry for confusion. Let me clarify hopefully.

Both are from same "E" 120 WB series chassis. The carrier with extensions is off my chassis (S115xxx) and it had 30x5 steel spokes and heavy rear springs (which I believe to be the DEW model), hence the smaller carrier ring and extensions on the carrier.

The carrier on the right is the same one as in my previous post of my truck and mounts as shown in the attached photo.

These frames are badly bent but will have same dimension to match the frame width of 34".

post-71470-143141822377_thumb.jpg

Jason I have a queston.

Yes Ok what specifically are you wanting to know? DE DEW and DEF you are correct, each carrying different tire size. DE and DEW with wood spoke and I believe the DEF was the cast wheel but would have to verify if you are interested in that.

Yes Ok what specifically are you wanting to know? DE DEW and DEF you are correct, each carrying different tire size. DE and DEW with wood spoke and I believe the DEF was the cast wheel but would have to verify if you are interested in that.

I have recieved portions of GB and DB manuals and have made a comparison of models. I also attached a page of the "Graham Brothers Handbook" that describs the DE & DEW chassis.

It appears the DEW has the 33x4-1/2 tire or 33"-9"=24' rim. This is a steel disc rim I believe.

I have the DE with wood spoke 21" rims and a set of steel spoke 20" rims. I know for sure I have a DE since I have the original toe board registration plate.

Once I get a handle on what the GB/DB models were I will hope to get the DA-120 model equivalant.

I do not have the build sheets for my trucks. All I can do is prorate based on frame numbers. I will summarize latter.

post-71470-143141822434_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141822439_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141822457_thumb.jpg

My S 114139 truck was the 4304th of series "E" and S 115179 was 5344th of series. A total of 6564 "E" series chassis were built in Stockton over 53 months. If production was uniform (I doubt this because of depression) these would be dates of May 1931 and Jan 1932 respectively.

One thing I find interesting is I have record of a DA-124 as S 115124. This was before my parts frame was stamped.

I will request build sheets.

Thanks for the pics, it was prob/maybe a split bumper like the one in that brochure that you show above has within it

The only pic I could find that shows the split bumper seems to indicate that a Center mount is required for the tail lamp and license bracket assembly, therefore I doubt mine had a rear bumper. If you have something that suggests otherwise please let me know, but for now I see no mounting points for any such setup.

post-69994-143141822553_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185131[/ATTACH]

Dave do you have this wiper. If not be careful removing it. I found mine and the mounts are broken. Not sure how it got damaged except the mounts are very fragile pot metal.

I hope to repair with JB Weld. That stuff is quite strong.

post-71470-143141822556_thumb.jpg

I have recieved portions of GB and DB manuals and have made a comparison of models. I also attached a page of the "Graham Brothers Handbook" that describs the DE & DEW chassis.

It appears the DEW has the 33x4-1/2 tire or 33"-9"=24' rim. This is a steel disc rim I believe.

I have the DE with wood spoke 21" rims and a set of steel spoke 20" rims. I know for sure I have a DE since I have the original toe board registration plate.

Once I get a handle on what the GB/DB models were I will hope to get the DA-120 model equivalant.

I do not have the build sheets for my trucks. All I can do is prorate based on frame numbers. I will summarize latter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185472[/ATTACH]

I still do not understand what your question is though, what information are you specifically after here?