1930 DA-124

30DodgePanel

Before I forget,... I was also interested in any leads on this part below in hopes that someone could help:

The part is the air filter in the photo below.

I was hoping someone would recognize the design and help me with a name of the manufacturer. I've seen several possible names that it could be but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Again, any help at all is much appreciated.

post-69994-14314180492_thumb.jpg

Thanks Sherman,

Very curious to know the results. I wish that that one guy "1929 DodgeTruck" (I think is his screen name) would provide some input here as well.

Jason,

no pics of the tail light or rear of the truck yet ? No rush , was just curious.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Long demension is 41 1/4" and height is 17 5/8". The support swevel is 11" from bottom.

Note the heavy wood screws attaching the hinge to the oak header.

post-71470-143141805993_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141805983_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141805989_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141805998_thumb.jpg

Hi all ,

I'm trying to find answers for a 1930 DA-124"WB 3/4 ton Panel Truck. Though many extra parts came with the truck when I purchased it, some are not correct for the vehicle so I have been in search of the correct parts that will be needed along with other answers in relation to the vehicle.

Heres a small list of items I need help with :

1.) Who built the body ?

2.) Front bumper medallion looks to be V shaped. Has anyone ever seen a medallion like this before on any Dodge Brother vehicle ?

3.) Need to know what the exact style of tail light and bracket I need.

4.) Any interior wood structure photos or dimension of the roof for proper re-installation.

5.) Any rear photos of the vehicle will help tremendously.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]180352[/ATTACH]

Dave the bodies were built in house by Dodge/Graham although I have seen reference to some overflow work being done by outside builder, maybe Budd, I cannot remember where I have seen that though at this time, I can show you snippets of info though if you would like ( Now that I think of it I will send you some pages thru e-mail ) that state Graham doing their own bodies and the bodies becoming increasingly more complex necessitating better dies which Dodge funded.

I also have various original Graham literature that gives snippets of info concerning where and why the factories were placed where they were and that was because of the large amount of nearby hardwood forests ect. for their construction.

Tail lights and stalk

Tail and signal lamp door assy, - 311130 Thats an easy one in that it matches 29-30 Dodge DA auto and MANY other Chrysler makes of the time.

300131 and 132 housing and lens same as above.

Originally marked Felite ( or Fi-Lite ) on the top of the housing but I have also seen De-Lite as well, I would assume if one manuf. could not carry the load than the other was sub.contacted. Fe-Lite would be the most correct though in my opinion.

522717 is another story though = Bracket. DA part numbers do not go that high, I will have to look into this..........

U-124 U-133 and DA 133 Interesting that they do not mention the DA 124 or the 6 cyl version. This is the Truck MPB both Canadian and American version.

29-39 Truck MPB lists same info.

No such number in the auto MPB prior to 1934

I just realized George Farrel has the U-133, he should be able to provide you a picture of the bracket. I will stop looking unless you let me know no luck there.

Will dig out the tailamp and post a picture prob. tomm evening

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Dave the bodies were built in house by Dodge/Graham although I have seen reference to some overflow work being done by outside builder, maybe Budd, I cannot remember where I have seen that though at this time, I can show you snippets of info though if you would like ( Now that I think of it I will send you some pages thru e-mail ) that state Graham doing their own bodies and the bodies becoming increasingly more complex necessitating better dies which Dodge funded.

I also have various original Graham literature that gives snippets of info concerning where and why the factories were placed where they were and that was because of the large amount of nearby hardwood forests ect. for their construction.

Tail lights and stalk

Tail and signal lamp door assy, - 311130 Thats an easy one in that it matches 29-30 Dodge DA auto and MANY other Chrysler makes of the time.

Originally marked Felite ( or Fi-Lite ) on the top of the housing but I have also seen De-Lite as well, I would assume if one manuf. could not carry the load than the other was sub.contacted. Fe-Lite would be the most correct though in my opinion.

522717 is another story though = Bracket. DA part numbers do not go that high, I will have to look into this..........

U-124 U-133 and DA 133 Interesting that they do not mention the DA 124 or the 6 cyl version. This is the Truck MPB both Canadian and American version.

I just realized George Farrel has the U-133, he should be able to provide you a picture of the bracket. I will stop looking unless you let me know no luck there.

Stakeside here:

The Dodge Bros Series E-DA 120 is my parts truck. The frame and running gear are the same as my Series "E" DE -120 model

i would be interested in the e-mail you plan on sending. If you could cc me at sstake@surewest.net I would appreciate. Some of your research would apply to my trucks.

Sherman

Stakeside here:

The Dodge Bros Series E-DA 120 is my parts truck. The frame and running gear are the same as my Series "E" DE -120 model

i would be interested in the e-mail you plan on sending. If you could cc me at sstake@surewest.net I would appreciate. Some of your research would apply to my trucks.

Sherman

Hello Sherman, the quote I mentioned above.........state Graham doing their own bodies and the bodies becoming increasingly more complex necessitating better dies which Dodge funded................. was taken from Graham legacy book which you already have. I was planning on e-mailing him the chapters from the book that directly pertained to the Dodge years which are a couple or one single short chapter.

Thank you ,

I've save all and will assist in making sure I locate the correct one.

I do believe the trucks had the rounded script DODGE lettering across the top of the lense and I believe this photo I saved a while back indicates the correct style of bracket and light housing. Just want to make sure the script is correct now.

NOTE, the spare tire underslung carrier in the photo below is incorrect for my truck however. I remember the mounting holes were located on the underside bottom rail for the spare tire carrier, but I do believe the light and bracket in the first photo to be correct. Interested to see what style you and Farrellg have.

post-69994-143141807876_thumb.jpg

EDIT:

This is the one I have for the truck now but I don't believe it's correct and doesn't line up properly at all. I know I can fab stuff and make it work but I'd really like to use all original parts if possible.

Anyone know what this will fit ?

post-69994-143141807918_thumb.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Thank you ,

I do believe the trucks had the rounded script DODGE lettering across the top of the lense and I believe this photo I saved a while back indicates the correct style of bracket and light housing. Just want to make sure the script is correct now.

NOTE, the spare tire underslung carrier in the photo below is incorrect for my truck however. I remember the mounting holes were located on the underside bottom rail for the spare tire carrier, but I do believe the light and bracket in the first photo to be correct. Interested to see what style you and Farrellg have.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183810[/ATTACH]

This the tail light for my 29 "E" series. I will forward some pictures.

Jason you are correct I do have the book you mentioned and there is much information in there.

It appears Graham's name appeared well into the 30's as a builder for Dodge. I noticed Graham on the ID plate for Farrelig's 32 Dodge 3 ton.

This is a get journey of discovery and thanks for your input.

Sherman

Jason you are correct I do have the book you mentioned and there is much information in there.

It appears Graham's name appeared well into the 30's as a builder for Dodge. I noticed Graham on the ID plate for Farrelig's 32 Dodge 3 ton.

This is a get journey of discovery and thanks for your input.

Sherman

I believe 33 was the last year for Graham name to appear anywhere on these trucks but it may have been on some early 34 as well

Thank you ,

EDIT:

This is the one I have for the truck now but I don't believe it's correct and doesn't line up properly at all. I know I can fab stuff and make it work but I'd really like to use all original parts if possible.

Anyone know what this will fit ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183812[/ATTACH]

I am sure you are aware that the photos is from my book, I can look and see if I can find an exact reference for the photo if you would like.

No Dodge or Stop script across the lens, ( Please prove me wrong but to do so would mean that both parts manuals printed at approx the same time are incorrect which would surprise me ) I do not think we see these lenses until some point maybe late 30 or 1931 and may not have been avail on all models, I never really looked into that.

I believe there was an earlier much larger lens with the STOP deal but that is again a much larger lens/bucket.

I have seen that taillamp and and stalk before, cannot remember application but I am sure someone here will. Definitely not for your truck, according to pictures I have ( very poor pictures so far ) it was a simple L shaped deal.

I think it would be good for you if I copied my DA pass car book for you, I have some work to do at Kinkos in the next couple of days, wouldnt take anything to run off a copy of my copy if you would like. Cost is nothing other than the cost of the copies, the twenty cents per sheet they charge for the card stock paper ( if that is what you want ) and shipping to you.

I have two different versions, ( early and late DA ) I do not know really what the differences are but I am sure there are differences so you tell me if you want either or both.

They will help you identify some parts on your vehicle.

I may even have saved come to think of it my original scans on disk for one or both, let me know

Thank you ,

Here is my taillight on my 29 "E" series truck. Note the DB stamp on top of light and the DB type-B on the cross support. The trim is aluminum and a plate inside the lens has the word STOP on it.

post-71470-143141808263_thumb.jpg

I am sure you are aware that the photos is from my book, I can look and see if I can find an exact reference for the photo if you would like.

No Dodge or Stop script across the lens, ( Please prove me wrong but to do so would mean that both parts manuals printed at approx the same time are incorrect which would surprise me ) I do not think we see these lenses until some point maybe late 30 or 1931 and may not have been avail on all models, I never really looked into that.

I believe there was an earlier much larger lens with the STOP deal but that is again a much larger lens/bucket.

I have seen that taillamp and and stalk before, cannot remember application but I am sure someone here will. Definitely not for your truck, according to pictures I have ( very poor pictures so far ) it was a simple L shaped deal.

I think it would be good for you if I copied my DA pass car book for you, I have some work to do at Kinkos in the next couple of days, wouldnt take anything to run off a copy of my copy if you would like. Cost is nothing other than the cost of the copies, the twenty cents per sheet they charge for the card stock paper ( if that is what you want ) and shipping to you.

I have two different versions, ( early and late DA ) I do not know really what the differences are but I am sure there are differences so you tell me if you want either or both.

They will help you identify some parts on your vehicle.

I may even have saved come to think of it my original scans on disk for one or both, let me know

Jason

Yes, I rememeber when you posted it and I knew I would rely on it at some point, been very helpful...thank you. Edit: yes I would like to see if you can find an exact reference for the photo btw

As for the scans, if you have one you can email me that will be fine but don't worry about copying anything, I appreciate the offer though.

Is Shermans tail light and housing the earlier "Stop" bucket your referring to ? I would think his set up is original and correct for my truck as well but the lense seems to be in question here, is that correct or am I misunderstanding ?

Sherman ,

Thanks for posting that photo and I hate to ask but is there any chance I can get two more photos of the complete tail light assembly? No rush....just when you get time. One where it mounts to the rear cross rail and if possible one of the back side of the assembly ? Part number would be ideal as well if you can locate. I have no rear cross rail so I'm not sure how it is suppose to mount up, I believe it was removed from the truck at some point.

Thanks for any help - Sent you an email in regards to the windshield frame btw

Jason

Yes, I rememeber when you posted it and I knew I would rely on it at some point, been very helpful...thank you.

As for the scans, if you have one you can email me that will be fine but don't worry about copying anything, I appreciate the offer though.

Is Shermans tail light and housing the earlier "Stop" bucket your referring to ? I would think his set up is original and correct for my truck as well but the lense seems to be in question here, is that correct or am I misunderstanding ?

Sherman ,

Thanks for posting that photo and I hate to ask but is there any chance I can get two more photos of the complete tail light assembly? No rush....just when you get time. One where it mounts to the rear cross rail and if possible one of the back side of the assembly ? Part number would be ideal as well if you can locate. I have no rear cross rail so I'm not sure how it is suppose to mount up, I believe it was removed from the truck at some point.

Yes the one Sherman shows is the MUCH larger one that I mentioned in my last post, it is roughly 4.5 - 5 inches in diam, I made the mistake of purchasing one long ago because of an incorrectly re-presented ( that never happens ) E-bay description.

Nope, I do not believe you will find that the bracket and tailiamp Sherman posted is correct for your truck. I have posted pictures of the correct tail lamp and George said he would post pictures of his bracket which will be the same as yours according to the parts book.

BTW some of these buckets have the short connector in the rear and some have the long, this is the long and it is correct for our applications

post-48869-143141808646_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143141808675_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143141808704_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143141808728_thumb.jpg

This is going to take some time but I believe I've found several answers and wanted to cover here in hopes of clarification.

Take for instance this overhead view of the frame and chassis of the DA-124. You'll notice the underslung spare tire carrier does not appear to mount to the side of the frame but indeed appears to mount flush with the bottom of the frame. Also, notice the rear cross rail at the rear of the frame. As I get better pics of my truck this will need to be discussed more thoroughly but for now these are preliminary investigative questions in order to see what others have experienced along with a way of working thru the parts books in order to dig for answers collectively. Everyones input will be needed in order to find the truth.

Keep in mind my frame has a hump over the rear axle but otherwise it's a straight frame. Serial D231751

I would like to discuss this here at this point because I still have questions about the correct tail light and bracket for my truck. Jason has provided some great information both here and in scans that I'm still trying to piece together so bear with me .... this will take some time to sort out and I have little time to do it right now.

In the photos below:

Overhead view of the frame - notice the rear cross rail and the underslung spare tire carrier. Also I've provided pics of a 31-32 larger truck from Wisconsin that had this same spare tire carrier design along with where the rear tail light bracket would have been mounted originally. Not saying this is how my light bracket was mounted (cause I don't know at this point) but it's only to bring the questions to the forefront with some kind of photographic clarity in hopes to getting to the bottom of the real answer. (Don't worry Jason, I haven't forgotton about the DA car numbers you've provided cause I'm sure they are relative).

post-69994-143141811665_thumb.jpg

This first photo is from a 30-32 1 or 1 1/2 ton brochure I seen a while back (Jason, I believe you have this ?), if anyone knows the years this brochure covers can you please let me know. When comparing these 2 rear views you'll notice the same exact interior door panel design, matching latch mechanisms, seats, wood design etc... Obvioulsy mine is missing the rear tail light, cross rail with the Dodge Brothers plate, and the spare tire carrier. I have purchased the DB plate already, and am in the process of securing the underslung tire carrier from the gentleman in Wisconsin but this post is to hopefully get to the bottom of the tail light and bracket for my application. Thanks again for any help as I know this information is very limited. I believe now it's just a matter of comparing the parts numbers and making sense of what matches what for correct application purposes.

post-69994-143141811671_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Notice in the photo of the 30-32 Panel truck brochure the tail light. I cannot tell from the photo I have where the tail light and bracket mounts to so if anyone has this brochure it may shed some light on things. I have many questions about what this brochure covers in detail IE running board material and design, payloads, interior cargo dome light, side mirrors, available lengths etc...

post-69994-143141811644_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141811659_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141811662_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141811668_thumb.jpg

Tail lights and stalk

Jason,

I believe I found my answer but it took the information you provided to find it. Sorry, I'm still learning how to read and understand these parts books and I think that is where alot of my own personal confusion is coming in.

I believe the parts numbers you gave in bold above are not what I was speaking of therefore do not apply to my particular application and I don't point that out for any reason other than for clarification. When looking at both copies in the 3/4 ton 124"wb parts list book you'll notice 4 and 6 cylinder electrical system sections. On page 35 is the 6 cylinder version of the "Tail and signal lamp assembly" part number 300519 and on page 28 the 4 cylinder version also shows the same number 300519. "Tail light license plate bracket" part number is 502937 for the 6 cylinder, the 522717 number is listed under 4 cylinder and again is a different bracket (I believe thats what farrellg has). So the correct part numbers I'm looking for to recap should be 300519 and 502937.

Don't know about the passenger car DA parts number you provided, it seems thats related to something to do with the door somehow but I do understand why you suggest I continue to look into the DA passenger car info as well and will sort through the info you sent me when I get more time, but so far this is what I've found. Understand my main goal at this point is inventory and making sure my notes on file are correct.

6 cylinder correct parts numbers

post-69994-143141811705_thumb.jpg

4 cylinder correct parts numbers

post-69994-143141811732_thumb.jpg

Jason,

I believe I found my answer but it took the information you provided to find it. Sorry, I'm still learning how to read and understand these parts books and I think that is where alot of my own personal confusion is coming in.

I believe the parts numbers you gave in bold above are not what I was speaking of therefore do not apply to my particular application and I don't point that out for any reason other than for clarification. When looking at both copies in the 3/4 ton 124"wb parts list book you'll notice 4 and 6 cylinder electrical system sections. On page 35 is the 6 cylinder version of the "Tail and signal lamp assembly" part number 300519 and on page 28 the 4 cylinder version also shows the same number 300519. "Tail light license plate bracket" part number is 502937 for the 6 cylinder, the 522717 number is listed under 4 cylinder and again is a different bracket (I believe thats what farrellg has). So the correct part numbers I'm looking for to recap should be 300519 and 502937.

Don't know about the passenger car DA parts number you provided, it seems thats related to something to do with the door somehow but I do understand why you suggest I continue to look into the DA passenger car info as well and will sort through the info you sent me when I get more time, but so far this is what I've found. Understand my main goal at this point is inventory and making sure my notes on file are correct.

6 cylinder correct parts numbers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184293[/ATTACH]

4 cylinder correct parts numbers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184294[/ATTACH]

Dave, I cannot explain what happened above except to say that I must have jotted my notes down on something and got the numbers mixed up somehow, I still have yet to find where I came up with 311130.

With that said start all over, it looks like you are correct on the 300519 number, if you will look at the DA car parts book you will see that the particular taillight was used on DA 2 Dr sedan model only. ( Page 18 ) I think I can still provide a picture of that, I dont know how well detailed they would be but maybe we can get better detailed if need be.

Looks like you will still need that picture of that tailight, looks like U-124 or 133 are the same so again George would also have that hopefully.

502937 does not appear in any DA auto parts book, if you have looked within the MPB you will see it fit many models, DA 120 which is Shermans parts truck ( quote from Sherman in previous post .....The Dodge Bros Series E-DA 120 is my parts truck............).so hopefully he can provide a picture and maybe he has one to sell.

Sorry for the confusion above.

This is going to take some time but I believe I've found several answers and wanted to cover here in hopes of clarification.

Take for instance this overhead view of the frame and chassis of the DA-124. You'll notice the underslung spare tire carrier does not appear to mount to the side of the frame but indeed appears to mount flush with the bottom of the frame. Also, notice the rear cross rail at the rear of the frame. As I get better pics of my truck this will need to be discussed more thoroughly but for now these are preliminary investigative questions in order to see what others have experienced along with a way of working thru the parts books in order to dig for answers collectively. Everyones input will be needed in order to find the truth.

Keep in mind my frame has a hump over the rear axle but otherwise it's a straight frame. Serial D231751

I would like to discuss this here at this point because I still have questions about the correct tail light and bracket for my truck. Jason has provided some great information both here and in scans that I'm still trying to piece together so bear with me .... this will take some time to sort out and I have little time to do it right now.

In the photos below:

Overhead view of the frame - notice the rear cross rail and the underslung spare tire carrier. Also I've provided pics of a 31-32 larger truck from Wisconsin that had this same spare tire carrier design along with where the rear tail light bracket would have been mounted originally. Not saying this is how my light bracket was mounted (cause I don't know at this point) but it's only to bring the questions to the forefront with some kind of photographic clarity in hopes to getting to the bottom of the real answer. (Don't worry Jason, I haven't forgotton about the DA car numbers you've provided cause I'm sure they are relative).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184283[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184284[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184285[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184286[/ATTACH]

This first photo is from a 30-32 1 or 1 1/2 ton brochure I seen a while back (Jason, I believe you have this ?), if anyone knows the years this brochure covers can you please let me know. When comparing these 2 rear views you'll notice the same exact interior door panel design, matching latch mechanisms, seats, wood design etc... Obvioulsy mine is missing the rear tail light, cross rail with the Dodge Brothers plate, and the spare tire carrier. I have purchased the DB plate already, and am in the process of securing the underslung tire carrier from the gentleman in Wisconsin but this post is to hopefully get to the bottom of the tail light and bracket for my application. Thanks again for any help as I know this information is very limited. I believe now it's just a matter of comparing the parts numbers and making sense of what matches what for correct application purposes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184287[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184288[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Notice in the photo of the 30-32 Panel truck brochure the tail light. I cannot tell from the photo I have where the tail light and bracket mounts to so if anyone has this brochure it may shed some light on things. I have many questions about what this brochure covers in detail IE running board material and design, payloads, interior cargo dome light, side mirrors, available lengths etc...

Unless I missed it it would help if you clarified just what you are trying to understand better, what you have already learned, the way I am reading this post concerning the spare tire carrier it sounds like you are picking up from a previous post that maybe I was not privy too

Unless I missed it it would help if you clarified just what you are trying to understand better, what you have already learned, the way I am reading this post concerning the spare tire carrier it sounds like you are picking up from a previous post that maybe I was not privy too

No not at all. I'm just hoping someone out there has the brochure in post #55 showing the rear of the panel truck in that photo. My thinking is whoever it was that had that brochure could take a look at it and tell me where the bracket is located to see if it lends any clues for my situation. The spare tire carrier and the rear views are just to show the similarities and to see if there is something I'm missing, hoping for more input to lead to a more concrete answer than just my assumptions in regards to the spare tire location and where it mounts. I just want to make darn sure I'm reading it and seeing it right according to the overhead view in post # 55 . As for the mix up on the parts numbers no worries, it happens to all of us, I'm just glad we found it before I got to far.

Jason

Yes, I rememeber when you posted it and I knew I would rely on it at some point, been very helpful...thank you. Edit: yes I would like to see if you can find an exact reference for the photo btw

Sherman ,

There are no #'s on the lite assembly.

The picture shows the back of the lite and the spare tire mount.

Does your frame have the rear cross member like mine? The gusset plates are attached to my side frame and rear cross member.

I also inculed my air cleaner and carb picture.

post-71470-143141812231_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141812237_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141812241_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141812245_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141812249_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141812254_thumb.jpg

No not at all. I'm just hoping someone out there has the brochure in post #55 showing the rear of the panel truck in that photo. My thinking is whoever it was that had that brochure could take a look at it and tell me where the bracket is located to see if it lends any clues for my situation. The spare tire carrier and the rear views are just to show the similarities and to see if there is something I'm missing, hoping for more input to lead to a more concrete answer than just my assumptions in regards to the spare tire location and where it mounts. I just want to make darn sure I'm reading it and seeing it right according to the overhead view in post # 55 . As for the mix up on the parts numbers no worries, it happens to all of us, I'm just glad we found it before I got to far.

It may be my brochure, I guess I am still confused though on what you are trying to figure out? I will look for the brochure if it is mine.

It may be my brochure, I guess I am still confused though on what you are trying to figure out? I will look for the brochure if it is mine.

I just want to know where the tail light bracket mounts, and to know if there is a rear cross member at the very rear for the panel trucks.

Here, this is why I need the answers for the tail light mounting location and the rear cross member.

These pics are of my truck, hard to get to right now and hard to see but this shows holes on both sides of the frame that are similar. The larger square carrier bolt holes underneath are for the spare tire carrier, but are the 2 horizontal holes on the side of my frame for matching tail light brackets ? If so, it looks like this truck may have been equipped with dual tail lights because both sides of the frame have those matching holes. Also, at the very rear of the frame are 2 smaller holes on each side frame rail that I wonder if those are how a rear cross member is suppose to mount ?

Edit: Sherman, I know your spare tire carrier mounts on the sides but in regards to the rear cross member, does yours show the 2 smaller holes under the frame at the very end , is that how your cross member bolts up or is it riveted possibly ?

post-69994-143141812555_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141812295_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141812546_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141812548_thumb.jpg

post-69994-14314181255_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141812552_thumb.jpg

I'm also very curious about the square cutout section of the floor above the rear differential pumpkin. I believe it to be factory but have no idea what the purpose was.

Providing a photo of the rear frame section as well to show the hump over the rear axle portion.

post-69994-143141812559_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143141812557_thumb.jpg

I just want to know where the tail light bracket mounts, and to know if there is a rear cross member at the very rear for the panel trucks.

I see, I thought that maybe you were trying to figure out how your rear tire mount gizmo attached to the frame.

There are no #'s on the lite assembly.

The picture shows the back of the lite and the spare tire mount.

Does your frame have the rear cross member like mine? The gusset plates are attached to my side frame and rear cross member.

I also inculed my air cleaner and carb picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184340[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184342[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184341[/ATTACH]

Sherman, nice pictures and great job on the truck. is this the same tailight bracket that is on your DA-120 parts truck?

Here, this is why I need the answers for the tail light mounting location and the rear cross member.

These pics are of my truck, hard to get to right now and hard to see but this shows holes on both sides of the frame that are similar. The larger square carrier bolt holes underneath are for the spare tire carrier, but are the 2 horizontal holes on the side of my frame for matching tail light brackets ? If so, it looks like this truck may have been equipped with dual tail lights because both sides of the frame have those matching holes. Also, at the very rear of the frame are 2 smaller holes on each side frame rail that I wonder if those are how a rear cross member is suppose to mount ?

Edit: Sherman, I know your spare tire carrier mounts on the sides but in regards to the rear cross member, does yours show the 2 smaller holes under the frame at the very end , is that how your cross member bolts up or is it riveted possibly ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184354[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184356[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184358[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184359[/ATTACH]

Did they offer dual rear tailights, was it standard or avail. as an option?

I would think if it were avail than there would be a listing for right and left bracket within the parts manual. There is not that I have seen.

I would think there is supposed to be a rear crossmember on your truck. I dont see them leaving it open like that.

Parts list states rear crossmember.

Given that this bracket fits so many other models I am pretty sure I can come up with something today, I thought that the pamphlet was yours, didnt you originally post that a while back yourself, I do not think it is mine, if you can find the original post where it appeared ( it was not that long ago and it was on one of your posts ) than maybe it will help jar the memory.

Did they offer dual rear tailights, was it standard or avail. as an option?

I would think if it were avail than there would be a listing for right and left bracket within the parts manual. There is not that I have seen.

I would think there is supposed to be a rear crossmember on your truck. I dont see them leaving it open like that.

Parts list states rear crossmember.

Given that this bracket fits so many other models I am pretty sure I can come up with something today, I thought that the pamphlet was yours, didnt you originally post that a while back yourself, I do not think it is mine, if you can find the original post where it appeared ( it was not that long ago and it was on one of your posts ) than maybe it will help jar the memory.

As many of us do, I have a tendancy to save info that pertains to my truck when I see items for sale or discussion that takes place, and at the time, I noticed that brochure for sale on the big board so I saved the pic for my personal research cause I knew the truck was similar to mine. You mentioned that you thought you had purchased the brochure here:

http://forums.aaca.org/f143/3-4-ton-db-parts-list-330080-3.html on post #57

The 3/4 ton parts list does mention 2 tail light bracket bolts (bracket to frame) part# 121661, 2 nuts part #121971 and 2 lock washers part#120214 per vehicle so that tells me these two holes to the rear could very well be the mounting location of the tail light bracket as seen in this photo below.

This is from the donor truck in Wisconsin

post-69994-143141812911_thumb.jpg

EDIT:

This photo below of the donor truck in Wisconsin also has the same matching holes on the opposite side of the frame btw as my truck does. I only bring that up to point out it was more than likely just something they did at the factory incase the frame was to be a RHD export vehicle ? I'm just guessing...

I have not seen anything to indicate that any of these trucks from this time period had dual tail lamp assemblies.

post-69994-143141812924_thumb.jpg

As many of us do, I have a tendancy to save info that pertains to my truck when I see items for sale or discussion that takes place, and at the time, I noticed that brochure for sale on the big board so I saved the pic for my personal research cause I knew the truck was similar to mine. You mentioned that you thought you had purchased the brochure here:

http://forums.aaca.org/f143/3-4-ton-db-parts-list-330080-3.html on post #57

The 3/4 ton parts list does mention 2 tail light bracket bolts (bracket to frame) part# 121661, 2 nuts part #121971 and 2 lock washers part#120214 per vehicle so that tells me these two holes to the rear could very well be the mounting location of the tail light bracket as seen in this photo below.

This is from the donor truck in Wisconsin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184410[/ATTACH]

EDIT:

This photo below of the donor truck in Wisconsin also has the same matching holes on the opposite side of the frame btw as my truck does. I only bring that up to point out it was more than likely just something they did at the factory incase the frame was to be a RHD export vehicle ? I'm just guessing...

I have not seen anything to indicate that any of these trucks from this time period had dual tail lamp assemblies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184413[/ATTACH]

HuH, I did say that, I dont remember seeing it but will look again, I like the looks of that add, looks very informative, you are right about the holes being drilled both sides for export.

Guys, the reason I am so persistant about this is because of conflicting information still.

Hard to explain over this internet....

This photo below shows the same photo as in post #64 above (the 6th or last photo in that post). I'm posting it again because it's relative to why I'm so persistant about finding out if there was a rear cross member or not on my truck. Notice in the photo below I edited it with a yellow arrow to point to a "Dodge Brothers" badge. It's rusted but it is a Dodge Brothers badge / plate that appears to be the same design as the one in the brochure. Now you see why I want to know if I had a rear cross member or if I wasn't suppose to have one. I know the parts books shows one but this is just another glich into why I'm questioning it so much.

post-69994-143141812956_thumb.jpg

EDIT: This is a more clear look at the badge

post-69994-143141812977_thumb.jpg

Like I had mentioned in my e-mail, I am assuming we are waiting for George to post some pics of his bracket, anything I am going to have will be crap compared to a up close recent photograph. It would take me a while to find what I can find also so again I am assuming he will post that bracket but if does not than I will find something.

I would have not known nor anyone here that there is a badge on that seemingly second to last crossmember, more details would have helped, more info on what you do know, this way I and anyone else here does not have to backtrack on a prior post they made just because all of the known details were not given in the initial post and we are trying to make educated guesses based on what is given to us too work from.

I would give a further comment on the rear crossmember but its pretty clear you already know more about it than I will so I will just not comment.

I will keep my eyes open for that add, I would not have mentioned that I had it if I did not but at this point I cannot find it if I do have it.

Another thing that might help us to help you is if you cross referenced within the parts books what other models pertain to the part you are looking for info on, for example lets say tailight bracket, look in the parts manual, there is a whole bunch of other models that used the same part number, I have very little on the DA 124 but I do have alot of other material for other models and if I knew what other models would be the same as yours I could find this other material and use it for reference.

Makes one less step that someone else has to go thru too try and find the needed info.

I can guarantee for instance that I have some Shizzy picture somewhere of that tailight bracket because it was used in the early Graham days according to the part number but again it takes quite a bit of time to look and write down and then search for the required info to do the specific search.

Jason,

Ok I'll get better pics of the 2nd cross member that has the badge along with some other components today.

BTW , I won't have much time the rest of the week to deal with this and today is a good day to discuss, so I hope no one is taking this as me being impatient, I'm not, I'm just really limited on time that I can apply to the research right now and trying to cram today.

I do not think you are being impatient, I think there may be a slight possibility that you are assuming that every question has an answer, I dont know about anyone else but I am learning ( and luvin every second of it ) just like you, I almost made the comment that there HAS to be a rear crossmember earlier this AM, then I looked at some very nice and clear pics of 31 and 32 frames I have and sure enough sometimes there is no rear ( er ) crossmember.

I would never have guessed that.

I would say Dave that if that Dodge Brothers badge you have attached to the ( kinda ) rear crossmember is held on with what appears to be original hardware than that is going to be your final crossmember, they placed that plaque on all G.B ( maybe all D.B ) trucks and an adverting gimmick, they wanted the drivers following to see the nameplate, they would not have put that nameplate on the second to last rear crossmember but again ( like alot of what I mention ) is only my opinion based on what I have come across.

If I had the data to answer every one of your questions on hard paper than you would already have it.

Like I had mentioned in my e-mail, I am assuming we are waiting for George to post some pics of his bracket, anything I am going to have will be crap compared to a up close recent photograph. .

His bracket should be different than what I'm needing. His bracket is listed under 4 cyl part# 522717 and the RHD is 20871. If I recall George said his truck was an export or "a bit of an odd duck" so I'm very curious to know which side his light and bracket are on more than anything.

Both of our tail and signal lamp assemblies have the same part number of 300519 however so if his is original it should tell me precisely the lamp housing I need.

I'll sift thru the parts manuals I have to see if I can find anymore hits for my bracket part # of 502937.

One other thing to add/clarify Dave just so you are clear ( and no I am not trying to just make 6 more posts today so I can hit the 5000 posts mark :) ) if you can find that your truck carries a part that was used on a Graham truck ( such as the tailight bracket ) than I can almost assuredly provide some sort of photo, I have alot more Graham stuff than Dodge stuff.

Interesting ....

On page 35 of the 3/4 ton parts list book specific for my truck I see the part # of 502937 for the tailight bracket. BUT, when I go to the MPB there isn't even one mention of the DA-124 using that part number (see page T-8-21 of the MPB) yet many other vehicles are noted as using the 502937 part #

Ok, I need to step away now.....lol

Yes I have seen this, here is according to the MPB a picture of your tailight and bracket, I can provide different/better picture if you would like, I am sure I can provide it from different angles if you would like but I need to go and change the oil in our cars right now.

Theres no guarantee BTW that this is not an old picture, not correct in other words, they liked to use old pictures in their advertising if they felt no-one would notice the difference, let me look into this further and compare some other photos.

post-48869-143141813026_thumb.jpg