Sign in to follow this  
stealthbob

Windshield suppliers 54 Buick Roadmaster 4dr sedan...all have that Geen Visor???

As some may know my Roadmaster had a bad trip in a trailer which left the front windshield damaged. The carrier is taking care of the repairs but the shop has called me to say they are having a hard time finding the right glass.

It seems all that is out there is the incorrect dark green visor tint and not the light green tint throughout the glass.

I may have to go used?

Anybody with a top quality used windshield? Are there any vendors that I may have missed that you could recommend?

Thanks

Usually the dark green at the top of the window fades to the light green throughout. Are you sure the original did not have the dark green top?

I was wrong. I just looked at my 56 and see that you are right. The windshield does not have that heavy shading at the top. However, I think the one you show is shaded all the way through

If clear is available, use that and have it tinted and/or shaded to your liking. Just don't apply any stickers or suction cups for GPS.

No clear available either....

Geeze, why no correct glass is made. It would be one thing if nothing was out there but all we have is some aftermarket interpretation?

I'm going with the tint-band...change it when I find some good used. Car should be home in 2 weeks

Hey Bob,

I had the same concern when I did my Special. It does look wrong at first, but it fades pretty quickly to be less noticeable.

Go for it, and don't worry.