Independent Mechanic for Reatta in Orlando, FL area

Guest mike528b

Guest mike528b

My niece in the Orlando, FL area will be inheriting my 1989 Buick Reatta and she needs a good independent mechanic. The dealers would be too expensive and maybe not familiar with the car. The car is now located in Anderson, IN. Any help would be aprreciated.

He could open up a Reatta Bed and Breakfast. We drop off our cars and take in the sights and come back later when the car is done! Good supplemental income and fulfills your "dream" of running your own repair shop only in this case specializing in Reattas.

Be glad to help but do have a day job & HOA has enough trouble with all of my garages/vehicles. OTOH I used to work at Delco-Remy Anderson while going to GMI. Was this one east of the 109 bypass (now renamed) and north of 32 ? Does your neice like to work on cars or is she looking for full-service ?

Guest mike528b

My niece knows nothing about the car and needs a dependable mechanic. All of the former GM plants in Anderson have been torn down, except the one you speak of. It is on the east side of the 109 Bypass and is now a Steel Plant. The office Building is still there but not all in use. Mike

Guest mike528b
No I meant the Reatta, I recall seeing one near where Lindberg Rd makes the right angle just west of the river.

How does your neice feel about the Reatta ?

She really likes the car and has driven it. Since you come highly recommended but do not have the time do you have someone to suggest. I will be in Orlando March 5-12 and was hoping I could make some contacts then. Mike

Be glad to advise, the good news is that most things (a/c, engine, trans, suspension, brake pads) are common and the oddball stuff is available from several people on here. What doesn't work now ?

Also will she be living on the east side or west ?