1932 Model I 226 coupe

CHAD THOMAS

SO,

I have a 1932 I226 coupe currently under restoration. I have only seen one other one and that is the one that came out of Bill Harrahs collection. when he had it, it was tan and brown, the car is currently red. The red one is always advertised as one of two known to exist, please tell me who has the other as mine has been in private hands since 1969 and I really doubt any knows of its existance. Anyway, wondering what its value might be. running gear is fully restored. body work and interior need completed. Body is fairly rust free and wil not be hard to finish. post-91026-143141765661_thumb.jpg

SO,I have a 1932 I226 coupe currently under restoration. I have only seen one other one and that is the one that came out of Bill Harrahs collection. when he had it, it was tan and brown, the car is currently red. The red one is always advertised as one of two known to exist, please tell me who has the other as mine has been in private hands since 1969 and I really doubt any knows of its existance. Anyway, wondering what its value might be. running gear is fully restored. body work and interior need completed. Body is fairly rust free and wil not be hard to finish. [ATTACH=CONFIG]179437[/ATTACH]
In 1932 Hupmobile producted 664 Model I Hupps in 4 body styies a 4dr sedan, a victoria, a coupe & a cabriolet I know of 1 model I coupe that you have not mention but I am not at liberty to reveal the gentelman that own's it or where it is. As far as the value, thats hard to figure. Its rare, and is an 8 cyl. with 103 Hp. More than likely it has a free wheeling option. There is a good number of colectors that like a car that there are not many of.

• 5 months later...
Guest kiliandusey

Hello, my name is Mike Kilian. I'm looking to restore my 1932 Hupmobile Cabriolet and am looking for parts. I wondering how your project was coming, and if you would consider selling it? email mk@kiliantruckline.com, or by phone at 320-251-4228. Thanks

post-95356-143142056684_thumb.jpg

post-95356-143142056688_thumb.jpg

post-95356-143142056692_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Graham Clayton

Mike,

To give you some inspiration, here is a video of a restored '32 Series B-216 roadster:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zz165SsQ8gk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>