Thank you guys for five good years.

Ronnie

Bushwack,

I quoted Ronnie's descriptive term. It might not be what I would choose to call it, and you can try to call the use of the term into question if you wish. You cannot, however, get away with incorrectly describing what happend and what was deleted. There was not one thread that was deleted. There were many different posts in many different threads that were deleted for substantial violation of the forum rules. The individual who is currently suspended had been previously suspended for 14 days, he is now is suspended for 30 days, and he will be banned permanently if he chooses to violate the forum rules in the future. This is the way it is going to be. The members of the different factions who want to attack each other on this forum will need to choose another venue for their attacks. It will not be tolerated here.

I started a thread about 10 days ago inquiring about shocks/struts for a 1989 coupe and ended up with having to defend myself after an attack on my character (and then Ronnie started this thread).

I can't find the thread. As I started it and did not delete it, it likely was then deleted by a moderator. If not you, who? If posts within the thread didn't meet a moderator's interpretation of forum guidelines, then as stated many times in the past, delete the post(s) but not the thread. There was valuable information in that thread for current and future use.

I have found the thread that you are referring to. It was actually 7 days ago. I did not delete it and I don't know who did. From just reading it for the first time, I can see why it was deleted. There were multiple posts that were certainly worthy of deletion. I don't see where there is any significant information in that thread that would warrant a moderator taking the time to delete selective posts rather than deleting the entire thread. If you violate the rules, you can expect the entire discussion to disappear. Some times you will be lucky enough to have a moderator take the time to selectively delete posts and sometimes the whole thread will simply be removed. If you think something needs to stay on the forum, complying with the forum rules is the best way to insure it doesn't get deleted.

That thread has nothing at all to do with the recent suspension of a regular Reatta Forum poster. The suspended individual was not involved in that discussion.

I have found the thread that you are referring to. It was actually 7 days ago. I did not delete it and I don't know who did. From just reading it for the first time, I can see why it was deleted. There were multiple posts that were certainly worthy of deletion. I don't see where there is any significant information in that thread that would warrant a moderator taking the time to delete selective posts rather than deleting the entire thread. If you violate the rules, you can expect the entire discussion to disappear. Some times you will be lucky enough to have a moderator take the time to selectively delete posts and sometimes the whole thread will simply be removed. If you think something needs to stay on the forum, complying with the forum rules is the best way to insure it doesn't get deleted.

That thread has nothing at all to do with the recent suspension of a regular Reatta Forum poster. The suspended individual was not involved in that discussion.

I disagree.

The first posts in the thread clearly requested advice and/or confirmation on the correct shocks, struts and miscellaneous hardware needed for a 1989 MY. If the intention of this forum is, in part, to be a reliable source for all things Reatta, then this information is important; in addition to being the extended arm of the Reatta Division.

Respectfully, as indicated by your sig, you don't own a Reatta. Maybe a moderator who owns a Reatta should be the mod who supervises posts and/or threads in this forum. That mod would have a better understanding of the value of keeping some posts within a thread that have value while deleting others that may not.

Footnote: Nine people thus far have asked me for a copy of the deleted thread and three requested I re-post, which I will not in respect for the mods and the guidelines set forth.

You may want to read my earlier reply again. I did not delete the discussion that you are complaining about.

Also, I don't quite understand how you can possibly think that someone was suspended from the AACA Discussion Forum for a discussion that he did not participate in.

If you want to post some data about part numbers for Reatta parts, feel free to post that information in a new thread.

There is no need for a moderator to edit a discussion that was deleted for multiple violations of the forum rules to return information that you can easily post in another thread.

I don't have to own a Reatta to fulfill the role that I have to moderate posts on the AACA Discussion Forum. I did once entertain the thoughts of buying a Reatta but the constant arguments on this forum actually influenced my decision not to buy the car. I guess Corvanti is happy that I passed on that car, as he bought it.

You may want to read my earlier reply again. I did not delete the discussion that you are complaining about.

Also, I don't quite understand how you can possibly think that someone was suspended from the AACA Discussion Forum for a discussion that he did not participate in.

If you want to post some data about part numbers for Reatta parts, feel free to post that information in a new thread.

There is no need for a moderator to edit a discussion that was deleted for multiple violations of the forum rules to return information that you can easily post in another thread.

I don't have to own a Reatta to fulfill the role that I have to moderate posts on the AACA Discussion Forum. I did once entertain the thoughts of buying a Reatta but the constant arguments on this forum actually influenced my decision not to buy the car. I guess Corvanti is happy that I passed on that car, as he bought it.

Re-read my posts. I don't think I said the suspension was related to the thread I am referring to. Steve's suspension has to do with his comments regarding Barney's work on the Reatta database (in a separate thread).

For everything else, we'll have to agree to disagree (even though I'm right ;)).

Your post appears after a question about what caused Ronnie to start this thread in a manner that appears to indicate that it is related.

I have never named any individual who has been suspended. You seem to want to name names and jump to a conclusion of why someone got suspended.

If you will again read what I posted, it indicates that the individual who was suspended was suspended for multiple violations of the AACA Discussion Forum Rules.

So, again you are apparently jumping to the wrong conclusion or simply trying to slant the conversation to your own particular position.

It would probably be best if you choose to drop this approach. We don't have to agree to disagree, you (and everybody else) only need to agree to follow the AACA Discussion Forum Rules.

Same old issues that have been going on for a while.

Here are some hot button topics that always cause a rift (In no particular order):

Reatta Database

Production numbers

Polo Green Convertible

BCA/Reatta Div Membership

New/Used Parts pricing

Regional parts pricing/availability.

Stock/modified

400 point judging

Spectator judging

... There are other topics, but I think you get it.

Some people by nature like to get under others skin. You know, question advice, criticize opinions, generally play devils advocate all the time.

I see threads like the above and participation by the known antagonists and I stay away.

I used to try and offer more help than I do today. It's not worth getting in a pee pee contest over it. Now I'm more of a lurker with over 10 years Reatta experience. Good enough for me.

VV

The Internet and it's associated anonymity is 99% to blame for this. If we could all meet face to face, we could resolve some issues, leave with a better understanding of each person's position and generally lighten the mood.

I've met Barney and he is a good guy. Everyone on the forum here has been nice to me. I will likely purchase from ALL the vendors. The Reatta convertible goes in the garage for a restoration on Saturday.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->

I’m probably going to live to regret this but, here goes…

I think what’s obvious is that it’s obvious that you missed what’s obvious. I mean, it’s obvious that the post was obviously written and geared to the posters who, obviously, are oblivious to the fact that Ronnie has his own web site and that, well, if you want to commune with the man, he can be contacted there, obviously.

To wit:

So, now he’s gone or so it would seem, what with all the requests for his return

It has nothing to do with my ability or lack thereof, to contact him. I have and will continue to correspond with him via the ROJ. It’s been my position from the beginning of this debacle that he stick to his guns and not bother posting on other sites when he has a perfectly good working one of his own. And, it is my contention that the posters here at the AACA Reatta forum, who are calling for his return would be better served by going to said site and posting there. Not to the exclusion to posting here. I thought I made that perfectly obvious.

John F.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)

I thought I made that perfectly obvious.

John F.

I was trying to figure out if this was directed towards my last reply in this discussion. I am guessing that it might be, as it appears to best be intrepreted as a reply to that post... even though that was back a page or so.

So, no I don't think you made it perfectly obvious.

I also thought that I made my last post perfectly obvious... but maybe I didn't.

I do obviously stand by my assertion that Ronnie is not "gone", as he has indicated his presence by liking a few of my recent comments in the Reatta Forum.:D

Well said. I was actually oblivious that there was so much drama going on until I saw this thread. I've heard of some things but I figured they were just bickering behind backs and outside of the forum, and I felt way too disconnected from it to even understand. I'm mostly posting to say that it is a shame some are encountering issues like that, because I know there are lots of really great people here with a wealth of information who are generous with their time. I hope we do not lose too much cohesion over time.

Same old issues that have been going on for a while.

Here are some hot button topics that always cause a rift (In no particular order):

Reatta Database

Production numbers

Polo Green Convertible

BCA/Reatta Div Membership

New/Used Parts pricing

Regional parts pricing/availability.

Stock/modified

400 point judging

Spectator judging

... There are other topics, but I think you get it.

Some people by nature like to get under others skin. You know, question advice, criticize opinions, generally play devils advocate all the time.

I see threads like the above and participation by the known antagonists and I stay away.

I used to try and offer more help than I do today. It's not worth getting in a pee pee contest over it. Now I'm more of a lurker with over 10 years Reatta experience. Good enough for me.

VV

Thanks to the positive support shown in the the replies to this thread, and all the supportive emails & PMs I've received over the past week, I have changed my mind. I am back as a regular forum poster. The willingness of forum moderators MCHinson and MrEarl, to take steps to make this forum a better forum played a big part in me deciding I should continue as an active member of this forum.

I've discovered there is a tool in the forum settings menu called "Edit Ignore List". I intend to add some usernames to that list to help me steer clear of those members of this forum who want to argue and criticize. I hope those forum members who wish to argue and criticize will add me to their ignore list.

I just got back in town from 12 days on the road, w/o the Reatta Forum. Thanks Ronnie for the welcome home present. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but you've made many people happy and have become a motivator for change.

Perhaps the moderator will deltete the entire post and we can pretend it never existed?

I use Ronnie site for my 89 Riviera and it has been very helpful to me.

Thanks

I'm happy that you find my website useful. I'm sorry if you find this entire post to be a problem.

Guest Mc_Reatta
Thanks guys! I'm starting to think this place is like the Hotel Califor__.

Right Arm!

When I greet a new member with "Welcome to the Asylum", it's not all in jest.