1955 Super 50 4door

Guest 55super50

Guest 55super50

SOLD the blue beast last week,shes on her way to Rhode Island. I was almost sorry to see her go. $5000.00 A little bit about it. New tires,brakes and hardware/drums turned,new wheel cyls,new master cyl,silicone brk fluid, new rear shocks,new fuel pump,carb rebuilt,starter rebuilt,gen rebuilt,plugs,points & dist cap,plug wires,all htr hose replaced including to rear htr,radiator flushed and new antifreeze,oil and filter,torque ball boot,diff drained and refilled,New gas tank and sending unit,new hood insul,repacked frt wh bearings. The interior is in good to exelent cond,there is some very minor pitting on 1or2 door handels. The bumpers, hdlite doors,door handels and taillites need rechromed. There is NOT a spot of rust on the car and the floor pan and trunk are solid. All the glass is good,pwr seat,beauty rings w/hubcaps,EZeye glass,elec. clock all the stainless trim is perfect.Everything on the car works.There is also an old garage door opener under the hood. Any questions feel free to ask.

post-91367-143141965923_thumb.jpg

Edited by 55super50
SOLD (see edit history)

The seller asked me to help with posting some pictures of the car and I am happy to oblige. With exception of one small detail, it is my kind of car...original and unmolested... I have enjoyed receiving, perusing and posting the pictures.

he plans to take more pictures including the data and vin plates and headliner etc. I love it when sellers are willing to take detailed pictures on request and give as good of a descrioption as possible. Although as we all know perceptions of condition vary from one person to another, but I think this seller is being as forthright possible.

I would love to hear the history of the car.

DSCN0005_zps8e32eac4.jpg

DSCN0027_zps58e9f7b7.jpg

DSCN0026_zpscba0f7fe.jpg

DSCN0024_zps9ef70390.jpg

DSCN0003_zps64abac64.jpg

FSCN0029_zpsd4a06e2a.jpg

DSCN0022_zps87fb105e.jpg

DSCN0004_zpsb43b66bd.jpg

DSCN0015_zps26dcc5af.jpg

DSCN0011_zps7cb9e614.jpg

DSCN0009_zpsfeb25b63.jpg

DSCN0014_zpse3ba3235.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest 55super50

The only history I know for sure starts in 1982,19900m on the title. But Im going to have a title search done with the state.I know the owner owned it longer than the date on the title.The owner told me he bought the car for his wife from the buick dealer in Rantoul,Il. Im not sure if he was the 1st or 2nd ownwer. 215 miles since 1982 shows it sure hasnt been driven.

Guest 55super50

Well,I took about 20 more pics today and according to my camera the car is now pruple,all the interior chrome is melting and its silver,purple,yellow,red. But the vin#is 5B1129298,the id tag says 1955 MOD 55-52, Style No 55 4519, Body No G9377, Trim No 50S, Paint No FFF, Top ACC B1, This will have to do till I get another new camera, This is only the 2nd one

Guest 55super50

Got it from ClassicCarAutoParts.com in Grand Rapids,Mn, But the pakage slip says it came from Tank's Inc Monticello,IA , but it was sold to Gearhead Enterprises, Hudson IA and shipped to me. Figure that one out,lol It has a short nip and you have to cut the old filler neck off the old tank,and use a rubber sleeve that comes with it,or weld it.Whatever. Cost me $394 shp incl

Edited by 55super50 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 55super50

I finally got the title back so its time to try a little harder to get rid of it. I really need to move the car,so make me an offer.

• 1 month later...
Guest DaveGreen
PRICE DROP,need to get rid of car,losing storage.$5000.00 A little bit about it. New tires,brakes and hardware/drums turned,new wheel cyls,new master cyl,silicone brk fluid, new rear shocks,new fuel pump,carb rebuilt,starter rebuilt,gen rebuilt,plugs,points & dist cap,plug wires,all htr hose replaced including to rear htr,radiator flushed and new antifreeze,oil and filter,torque ball boot,diff drained and refilled,New gas tank and sending unit,new hood insul,repacked frt wh bearings. The interior is in good to exelent cond,there is some very minor pitting on 1or2 door handels. The bumpers, hdlite doors,door handels and taillites need rechromed. There is NOT a spot of rust on the car and the floor pan and trunk are solid. All the glass is good,pwr seat,beauty rings w/hubcaps,EZeye glass,elec. clock all the stainless trim is perfect.Everything on the car works.There is also an old garage door opener under the hood. Any questions feel free to ask.

Bob,

You mention a price drop. What are you asking now?

Dave

• 1 month later...
Guest 55super50

Added an interesting pic of something found while cleanining th "Beast" as I call her. I wrote the miles on it in 2002 when I worked on it the 1st time. Kinda helps prove the milage is original