Sign in to follow this  
old-tank

55 Buick Bugle article, questions and comments

ahhhh, nothin like that good ol Canadian humour

Why do I get the feeling it's a good thing I can't read Canadian. and NO I don't want anyone translating it.

Actually Derek, I started the colour thing as I know its a "subjective" part of judging game and that both of us have difficulty obtaining the achem "correct" shade from the one supplier in the States.

Frankly I miss your posts in general and always think of your comments when these "angles on the head of a pin" arguments arise....I meant no disrespect.

I know Bob...someone who will remain nameless (to protect the guilty) prodded me to respond. Your point about engine colour is hopefully heard by more than me.

Thanks for the kind words. It's good to know I'm useful for something....

Tourtière anyone?

Ooh ooh...there's at least one in the freezer. Hmm...perhaps tomorrow....

Bob and Derek

My polish wife makes GOOD tourtieres !! She was taught by my Greandma who lived in Quebec

Can she make garagekeys?..........................Bob

Shade of engine colour anyone?
How can you match it when you can't spell it? ;)...............Bob

I don't like the flavor of whiskey. However, I do like the flavour of whisky

old-tank, can we assume that you sent your comments, first to the Bugle?

Dale in Indy

Post #1 can serve as 'letter to the editor' if they care to use it, otherwise I am finished with this.

Bob

She makes great "golumpkies" She cooks VERY well. That is why I'm fat

Plotchkies? Kapusta? perogies? Patweetsa? Potchalenkies? Umm, Umm, Good......................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

old-tank, to be frank, I am very surprised that your comments didn't go to the Bugle first.

I would think that someone that prides & claims that they build 55's the correct way, would be eager to offer to them POSITIVE corrective comments. IMHO.

Dale in Indy

I just saw the first "restored" car with the trunk handle / ornament that had the recesses painted.

Months have gone by and still no correction by the editor of the issues I and others have pointed out.

Post #7: "While I regret some of the errors..." is the only admission by the editor.

It has been suggested that I submit a "Letter to the editor". I offered post #1 if they cared to use it (Post #37). Most editors use a 'clarification' or 'errata' section. The Bugle"Letters to the editor" are too often seen as merely another opinion.

Now to all you nice folks that sent me PM's and emails reminding me of how totally worthless I am, I say "no más".....I get it.; you think I am mean. Sorry.

Like I said in post #1, I don't want to try to sell one of mine to someone who insists it is incorrect based on the Bugle article and itis already happening: I just saw the first trunk handle/ornament with the recesses painted...how many more will we see at National meets?

The editor wrote the article and needs to correct it.

Edited by old-tank (see edit history)

Most folks won't even notice, Willy, and the rest won't know any better or care. When I had my 55 tail lights rechromed they did not get the pitts out of the three grooves in the sides. So I painted the grooves body color. NO ONE has EVER commented on or deducted for the painted grooves including the judges at BCA Nationals, AACA Junior, senior, and Grand Nats level.

So now my dirty little secret is out, although it's been hiding in plain view for 13 years................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

My opinion, for what it's worth is this.......,

The issue regarding a story that the Bugle printed, should be handled directly with the Editor, nothing personal, but what is to be gained by complaining here on this site.

Still looking forward to meeting many of you in July,

Dale in Indy

Most folks won't even notice, Willy, and the rest won't know any better or care. When I had my 55 tail lights rechromed they did not get the pitts out of the three grooves in the sides. So I painted the grooves body color. NO ONE has EVER commented on or deducted for the painted grooves including the judges at BCA Nationals, AACA Junior, senior, and Grand Nats level.

So now my dirty little secret is out, although it's been hiding in plain view for 13 years................Bob

I noticed!

;)

Bas***d!..............

The editor wrote the article and needs to correct it.

Willie you have made your thoughts clear here and I fully appreciate your pointing out the errors contained in the article. May I suggest though that if you really want to correct what you consider were errors in Petes article , do as Pete requested and submit a letter that can be used in the Bugle. I mean come on, you really think Post # 1 should be used for that???

I and others are seeing this thread as more of a personal attack by you toward Pete than a mere statement of incorrect restoration details. I see nothing else to be gained by this thread and therefore it is being closed.