Average going rate of a complete dual carb intake and exhaust setup?

I am starting to look for one of these and I just want to know what is the average going rate for a comeplete dual carb intake with the dual exhaust manifolds go for? I've seen 1 sold at $250 1 at $500 1 at $800 complete with air cleaner and lastly there is a guy on teambuick.com trying to unload one with a bent air cleaner for $1500. What is the realistic price for these to sell at? Also does anyone have an idea of price on the individual peices? I was just offered a rear carb for $150. I've tried looking up old ebay adds and old for sale adds to see what the prices were of the ones that sold but I'm coming up short more often than not.

$500 - $800 is the range I have seen. The guy wanting $1500 will be keeping his: that's a complete parts car pricing

They come up on ebay occasionally. And http://forums.aaca.org/f165/dave-tachney-341710.html sell them from time to time.

Individual pieces are likely to be sets less that bits that crack or easily get lost/damaged (like the air cleaners). Dual setup for sale less air cleaners are not uncommon

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

From another thread

I've got a 1947 special 2 door aerosedan, Does it cover just mechanical or body and interior too? How much stuff is in it related to my 47? Sorry for asking so many questions but I didn't want to buy it if has little or no information for me to use.

Here on the forum in 2011 this 1941 248 ci with dual carbs was for sale for $950: http://forums.aaca.org/f117/1941-buick-straight-8-motor-trans-309050.html. No exhaust Y piece shown so may have been incomplete

A 320 ci set with buy now $1150 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Dual-Carb-Compound-Carburetion-Intake-and-Exhaust-Manifolds-/150996839699?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23281ced13&vxp=mtr

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Thanks guys I'm actually looking for the 248 version right now and more down the road. I know its for 47 but I want a more factory looking upgrade than a dual exhaust tube style header and whatever could be rigged up as a multicarb intake. Again thanks its good to know ranges on the complete setups.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to start a seperate post but the question is related to intakes and exhaust. a friend is looking for the bracket(s) that goes on the manifold bolts and holds both the intake and exhaust to the head. He said he looked at Bob's and they don't have them...... what are they actually called and where can he get some?