Can anyone identify this car?

Steve_Mack_CT

Picture believed to be taken in Poland; helping out someone trying to research this and I am stumped. Would not want gent in the picture mad at me... :D

Note the European style roofline and lack of running boards - hoping fender accent can be a clue. Already tried to re-size and read hubcap, no luck.

Thanks

post-50141-143141755526_thumb.jpg

Picture believed to be taken in Poland; helping out someone trying to research this and I am stumped. Would not want gent in the picture mad at me... :D

Note the European style roofline and lack of running boards - hoping fender accent can be a clue. Already tried to re-size and read hubcap, no luck.

Thanks

The gent appears very protective of his ride.

1936 Opel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178487[/ATTACH]

The car is an Opel Super Six Cabriolet, Opel's top-end largest car before the war. Some sources say it was made from 1936 to 1938, other say just 1937 to 1938.

They were very popular with the Wehrmacht during the war. Given the rather Semitic features of the gaunt Polish person in the photo and the somewhat decrepit condition of the car, I think the man's expression takes on a rather more ominous tenor.

post-30638-143141756007_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave@Moon (see edit history)