How Big a Garage?

rockitdoc

I would recommend a 12+ 24 for a single car Garage , and if you are going to have a "Man Door" add another 4ft in width . that would give you enough room for a work Bench and an area for Tools etc. Good thing about a "Man Door' is you don't have to Raise the door every time to go in or out .. A Two Car Garage I would Make 26+24 so as to have a Man Door and have room to walk around the Car of choice and not bang the second Cars Doors ..

John; My Lincoln spent a lot of time in Colorado .From 1959 until 1990 when was brought to St Lewis and spent a lot of time and $'s being Restored .. It then sat tied up in an estate until I bought it in 2000. Since then it was stored all winter and not Driven in the rain..So I wouldn't be Interested in Driving it the year round..Since "rockitdoc" lives in Colorado he needs room for 4 wheelers and dirt bikes ,don't you think.. I'm done --- CH

Guest Lincoln54Capri

If you're not on a tight budget make it 30' x 40' which will easily hold 6 big cars. I was going to have one that size built in my back yard this summer but unfortunately the lateral lines from my septic system are on that side of the yard so I can't do it. They wouldn't even let me put a driveway over the lines and put the garage further back. Good luck....

Edited by Lincoln54Capri (see edit history)