'65 ride height

RIVNIK

Hope you guys don't get tired of my stupid questions. I've had my '65 for over twenty years, but it spent most of its life in storage, so I've really been seriously involved with it for only a couple of years. I'm learning new stuff all the time thanks to you guys. Todays problem is ride height, brought to mind by recent discussions of coil spring replacement on the forum. When I bought the car I had the shocks and bushings replaced and was told a rear coil was cracked, so I replaced the rear springs. The car ended up in storage soon after that and I don't remember having any ride height issues at the time. Fast forward 20 yrs. and the car is back on the road, but the right side is 1 1/8" higher in front and 5/8" higher in the rear. Does this possibly indicate a problem with the front left coil? It doesn't appear or sound to be abnormal. Does a coil spring collapse somewhat after time? I can't bear the cost of spring replacement at this time.( If I could, I would want to lower my car like you other guys, but my oversize 225/75R tires would probably have clearance problems.) Can anyone suggest a quick fix, possibly spacers or spreaders of some kind on the low side? THanks again for all the advice, Drew Rivnik

Hey RIVNIK, mine sits about an inch higher on the left front, I have tried to figure it out and I think it's an insulator problem, I noticed some rubber pieces coming out of the right front top of the spring, I think it just dry rotted and fell out lowering the car a bit on that side, I plan an entire rebuild up front and doing lowering springs, so I figure I will find out then. Brian