1990 or 1991 Reatta convertible Craigs List

Guest BJM

Now lets have 30 people call so the price jumps beyond reason.

Bryan, since you started the thread would you like to call and get more info (asking price)?

I called last week. It's not even a S60. The picture is of another car.

It was originally a white/blue 1990. It's been repainted pearl white.

If it was really a S60 I'd have it in my driveway. Don't worry.

Ervin, No. I wanted to call but when these dealers don't include a price isn't is always way too high? Or they feel you out and say something like "what would you pay"

So Marck, how much do they want? What's with the 1991 wheels if it's NOT an S60?

Now lets have 30 people call so the price jumps beyond reason.

That's the way it usually happens here in the buy/sell forum.

Someone will post a car for sale here then the seller is flooded with calls from people not even interested in actually buying the car. When the buyer gets all the calls he thinks his price is too low so he raises it thinking he going to get rich. Then when a serious buyer calls about the car and hears the price has gone up he is turned off and looks elsewhere. That leaves the seller with a car sitting on his lot for months on end without a buyer and eventually he sells it dirt cheap through an auction or some other outlet just to get it off his lot. I think this process being repeated here time after time is contributing to the declining prices in Buick Reattas in the marketplace. Just my 2 cents.

Ervin, No. I wanted to call but when these dealers don't include a price isn't is always way too high? Or they feel you out and say something like "what would you pay"

So Marck, how much do they want? What's with the 1991 wheels if it's NOT an S60?

Often dealers don't have a clue on pricing a Reatta. Dealer in Houston with a S60 is a good example (well over a year with a salvaged S60 at a high price). Either very low or too high. I've bought a convertible from a private party (who is the #2 man at a Porsche/Audi dealership) with 48,000 miles for $2,500 less then street price.

The picture is not of the car trying to be sold. He said it has late-model Buick rims on it now, but the original 15" ones will be included in the 18 grand price tag.

If you are trying to sell a car, never use some picture on the Internet that isn't yours.

As noted, the car shown is a 1990 select sixty. The vin number posted is a 1990 much too late to be in the group of select sixty built.

Until they post the correct pictures I guess we will not know what the car looks like.