Sign in to follow this  
shadetree77

Not Always A Good Day For A Buick

Jason,

The 72 fared well. A dent in the header panel and several dents in the trunk lid and a broken "Riviera" trunk emblem with misc. scuffs/scratches all over. I have a feeling that fate must love Oldsmobiles. My 67 Toronado was parked right in the middle of this mess and did not get one scratch ( the one car that REALLY needs a paint job ).

[h=3]“You Can’t Spell Buick Without BUCK”[/h]

buck-1024x682.jpg

So, you ask, "How is a totaled Suburban a bad day for a Buick?" The answer: When it is your tow car and now you can't tow your Buick to the Nationals in Portland. (Photo credit - me. Totaled Suburban credit - wife)

post-61965-14314256228_thumb.jpg

Frank DeCicco's bombed Buick Electra, allegedly done by the mob.

index-193_2.png

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hkl4yqPG92w" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

ouch....

Man, I hope that Riv was hit while parked.

Dick Sweeny had a post about the the 65 Riv crash last year on the ROA forum. Here is the link http://forums.aaca.org/f177/need-65-project-paste-your-browser-357255.html The original link Dick posted in the thread is no longer any good but it was an aution for the same wrecked car shown above.

Reading on to his last update in same thread there were 3 people in the car and they amazingly all survived.

Reading on to his last update in same thread there were 3 people in the car and they amazingly all survived.

That's amazing.

There is something more scary seeing the "collector car" wreck than period "accidents".

The GN Willie mentioned fits in that category for me.

Drive safely gang!!!

The snow probably had something to do with the initial impact, but I bet that it helped the car slide rather than roll on impact. I slid my dad's '57 Special off the road in a rain storm and the investigating State Trooper said that even though I probably would not have had the accident if the pavement had been dry, I was lucky the shoulders were wet because instead of sliding across the wet grass in the ditch, I probably would have rolled the car.

Ed

Robert, at first I thought it was YOUR 52, but then I realized it's a 51, hehe.

I can see your wife going to work in that, and the whole staff, laughing, HaHa.

Dale in Indy

Oh.....the humanity! :eek: I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....:(

I couldn't hold it in.:eek:

77775-I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-y6Da.gif