Sign in to follow this  
59bernard

'48 Lincoln Continental technical data

Hi all,my name is Bernard,I'm 54 and I live in north of France.

I'm not in 1:1 car sorry,I'm just here to find some technical data and pics to improve my classic model kits:1/24 and 1/25 scale only.

My first research is on the '48 Lincoln Continental,I would like to find diagram with dimensions,wheelbase etc..the 1/25 plastic kit I just begun;Lindberg,is not accurate.I also work on a 1/24 french classic bus,a complete scratch work:autocar Chausson AP52 of 1952.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Bernard

I have frame dimension charts for this car if interested? May be able to find body dimensions for you too. Can PM me for request if you like?

Thank you so much mister 'x frame' but if anyone else has information I take.

and about engine colors??

Have a good day.Bernard.

Thank you so much mister 'x frame' but if anyone else has information I take.

and about engine colors??

Have a good day.Bernard.

I will be sending you links today as well as the frame chart. The links have photos of the entire 1:1 car including engine so just hold on :-)

I got an email from you saying you want to convert the convertible model to a coupe so will also send that frame because it does not have an X brace.

Eric

Edited by X-Frame (see edit history)

This is from an old book which is a bit warped so the pages were a bit wavy so the scan came out that way too... but the measurements are there.

Also:

Here is the link to the car that was photographed extensively and shows every angle of it inside and out including under the hood and under the car (frame).

http://www.stlouiscarmuseum.com/stlcarmuseumtemplate.asp?id=1693

Also a person on this forum had restored an earlier model but the floor deaign is the same so gives you an idea of what the entire car looks like and here is that link:

http://forums.aaca.org/members/tom-overfield/albums/41-lincoln-continental-cabriolet-restoration/

post-68778-143141740791_thumb.jpg

post-68778-143141740823_thumb.jpg

post-68778-14314174085_thumb.jpg

Edited by X-Frame (see edit history)

Thank you so much,all pics and diagrams are great for me.the '41 restored model is great also.I didn't found much info on the net.

Bernard.

Thank you so much,all pics and diagrams are great for me.the '41 restored model is great also.I didn't found much info on the net.

Bernard.

Yes, unfortunately the older the car and the lower the production numbers, the harder it is to find any in restoration process since they were mostly done years ago. And information is also hard to track down.

Would you have a color chart for the interior/exterior for that car and also for the '41 I have to build?

A pic with the non x brace chassis for the coupé?

Many thanks,Bernard.

Hello Eric,here are some pics of my progress.I made a piece of wood to vacu form the top.It's not finish but I'm happy with the result.

Bernard.

75196365.jpg

panorama1ul.jpg

panorama2y.jpg

Original wheels and tires Lindberg kit are very bad.I found the wheels from a '49 Ford and tires in spare parts.

Edited by 59bernard (see edit history)