For Sale: 1954 Packard 8 Convertible

Guest 54conv

I'm new to this forum and looking to sell my 1954 Packard 8 Convertible. not really sure what it's worth so will entertain offers for a while. the car has 70k original miles on it. top is good but it's black instead of the original dark green. good boot, good interior, overall solid car. I was told the engine was rebuilt and then it was driven very few miles before being put in storage. all the trim is there- the skirts, hood ornament, wheelcovers, chrome trim. if I were going to keep it, I would just get it painted, do tires and brakes (planning to do the brakes this week and have it driveable) polish up the chrome as much as it will polish, and drive the car. the original dash is very nice still, the car has been stored inside for over 40 years. would be happy to provide photos to anyone who is interested. I see asking prices on this model all the way up to $135k beautifully restored on the internet. don't know what they're really bringing as so few of them come up for sale. there were only 863 of this model built. this may well be a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone :-) Best Regards

It is impossible to put a value on a car without seeing it in person or at a minimum seeing good quality photos. The 54 Packard is a great car and a convertible will always be in demand. However the 135k you saw was for the worlds best Caribbean not a standard convertible. You probably won't have much luck without setting a price so I would advice trying to figure that out first. A really good ad here, the Packard forum and eventually eBay will get the car sold.

It is impossible to put a value on a car without seeing it in person or at a minimum seeing good quality photos. The 54 Packard is a great car and a convertible will always be in demand. However the 135k you saw was for the worlds best Caribbean not a standard convertible. You probably won't have much luck without setting a price so I would advice trying to figure that out first. A really good ad here, the Packard forum and eventually eBay will get the car sold.

I'm fairly computer illiterate, will try to add some photos here...all trim you don't see on the car is there and included, even have an original factory workshop manual and the original glove box owner's book- also fender skirts.

post-91113-143141737731_thumb.jpg

post-91113-143141737685_thumb.jpg

post-91113-143141737701_thumb.jpg

post-91113-143141737716_thumb.jpg

Edited by 54conv (see edit history)

That is a cool car. I think your plan was a sound one so most buyers will probably be thinking along the same lines. How well it runs will be important. Perhaps some of our Packard guys can give you a price range.

I was told that the previous owner had the engine rebuilt, and while it was in the shop they ended up buying a brand new Satellite convertible. this ended up being her everyday driver and the Packard was driven into the garage and parked. I have a receipt for installation of a new top ($47.50) and inspection ($1.00) and at that time, 1967, it had 600 less miles than it shows now. has been recently fired up off a gas can and ran very nicely. was even yard driven, although the brakes need to be done. oil and coolant were changed before it was started. the title I bought it on was issued in 1958.

I was told that the previous owner had the engine rebuilt, and while it was in the shop they ended up buying a brand new Satellite convertible. this ended up being her everyday driver and the Packard was driven into the garage and parked. I have a receipt for installation of a new top ($47.50) and inspection ($1.00) and at that time, 1967, it had 600 less miles than it shows now. has been recently fired up off a gas can and ran very nicely. was even yard driven, although the brakes need to be done. oil and coolant were changed before it was started. the title I bought it on was issued in 1958.

If the car had a long term owner that is a plus (at least for me). Some buyers (also me) like paperwork so you should include that in your ad. You should post this down in the Packard forum and see if some of the 50s guys will chime in. If it runs good, is fairly solid and the interior and chrome are usable as is I would be thinking 15 to 20k. But although I follow the Caribbeans I don't follow these so I could be low (or high).