anyone need their tear ducts flushed out???

cobravii

I had to look "POS" up Bob. I thought it meant "point of sale"!

Point of Sale... LOL... :P I hate to say it, but in some respects I can see the junkmans point. One can waist a lot of time and money trying to sell something to a bunch of eBay tight wads. If you want to see it saved, get off of your wallet and buy it. I have a couple of old trucks out back and no one wants to even give me scrap value for them. The scrap dealer has to buy this stuff when it comes in the yard. Scrap cars are bringing about $240 dollars a ton these days. Dandy Dave!

I would have bought that car and given it to a new owner, if they had contracted me to do the work, keep it always drivable and road worthy, as well as continuously working toward show condition. About 300 $100 jobs there. I can list them. We can figure out an estimate for 2013. I get 50% up front for all work under $6,000 and 25% for work over $6,000 ($3,000) minimum. I would be happy to save ten of those cars for new owners.

Bernie

I would have bought that car and given it to a new owner, if they had contracted me to do the work, keep it always drivable and road worthy, as well as continuously working toward show condition. About 300 $100 jobs there. I can list them. We can figure out an estimate for 2013. I get 50% up front for all work under $6,000 and 25% for work over $6,000 ($3,000) minimum. I would be happy to save ten of those cars for new owners.

Bernie

Yup, I resemble those remarks. Trouble is, most folks want you to make it like new first, and then buy it from you for much less than your $30,000 dollars worth of parts and labor. Dandy Dave!

The math always works. I have written that I figure you can buy $4,000 worth of someone else's work for $1,000 when they need to sell. So take a stand up clean and reliable 1959 LeSabre 4 door 6 window pillared sedan and advertise it for 7500 bucks. ($30,000 restoration / $4,000 per $1,000 invested).

The great part of this hobby is the adaptability of it When I was a kid $100 would get you a pretty neat collector car and a new 6 volt battery was $20. The big kids said don't waste your money on anything but an open car. How many Cord sedans got parted out for spares for convertibles in the 1960's? Or Packard sedans?

I remember putting those "new" 7.60 x 15 Firestone recaps on mt 1950 Buick in 1966. $12 each because I worked in the Tire Shop. The entry fee has always been low. From there on it gets expensive to the savior.

Bernie

The math always works. I have written that I figure you can buy $4,000 worth of someone else's work for $1,000 when they need to sell. So take a stand up clean and reliable 1959 LeSabre 4 door 6 window pillared sedan and advertise it for 7500 bucks. ($30,000 restoration / $4,000 per $1,000 invested).

The great part of this hobby is the adaptability of it When I was a kid $100 would get you a pretty neat collector car and a new 6 volt battery was $20. The big kids said don't waste your money on anything but an open car. How many Cord sedans got parted out for spares for convertibles in the 1960's? Or Packard sedans?

I remember putting those "new" 7.60 x 15 Firestone recaps on mt 1950 Buick in 1966. $12 each because I worked in the Tire Shop. The entry fee has always been low. From there on it gets expensive to the savior.

Bernie